• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors In the market for a new can...

jaybic

Private
Minuteman
Aug 6, 2017
rochester mn
Hello,

I am in the market for a new can, may a pair of them and am looking for opinions, advice...ect.. Had a buddy tell me about TION cans...anyone know anything about them? for 224-6.5 applications...PRS and coyote hunting....titanium ideally. Any advice on length, weight and mounting would be helpful.

Thanks for your time!

Never heard of them. Not sure where people find these hole in the wall suppressor manufacturers and then recommend them. Buy a TBAC if you want Ti. You'll also happen to get a highly recommended can along with lightweight, repeatable accuracy, amazing craftsmanship and great CS. Look at the ultra 5 or 7.

Reactions: WATERWALKER
From my expierence, the bodies on the cans are too narrow. Check out the body diameter of Dead Air's Nomad or TBAC's new Dominus cans.

Hi,
It's funny that you should ask about tion we just did a comparison of some we didn't have a decibel meters but from our ears were as good as any we have used "high end not solvent trap crap" and were smoother on/off and locked up tight !! And the manufacturer is not a hole in the wall outfit at leest imho they are made in house at Freedom armory in Glen Rock Pa. They even had the road named 2nd amendment way how cool is that anyway I don't think that you would be disappointed with tion we shot 6.5,45,and 22lr and all were great with perfect f&f the 1 thing I can't speak for is custom service I've never had to use it. Anyway just thought I'd share my 2 cent in hope it helps

Attachments

• 20200209_142806.jpg
    20200209_142806.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 60
Reactions: jaybic
How were you able to compare them? Are you an industry insider or a journalist? What did you compare them to?

I'm not trying to put you on the spot. I'm just trying to qualify your comments. If it's a good product and they are a good company, I want to see them succeed.

I understand wanting to get something your buddy has, but like NAS78 said I would avoid hole in the wall manufacturers. Quite a few suppressor companies go out of business, lose their licenses, or are embroiled with other legal issues. Leviathan, Rebel, RMS2, Crux are just a few examples in the span of 1 year.

I would recommend looking at the companies that have reliably proven to manufacture and service their product. I understand wanting to get something “different”. I tried that and lost over $1,100 dollars.

If you are looking at a new company, try to see if the business is more than just contingent on Suppressors.

Reactions: grendelblackedout
Not a insider or journalist it just happened that we had them to compare. We did not use any thing but hands , eyes and ears. We did use same ammo and rifle combinations. We compared fit and finish, point of impact shift and easy of use. I guess you could call it red neck testing lol. But I would rank tion right up there with tbac, silencer Co and dead air imho. I'm in no way a pro at any of this but I wanted to give my opinion about tion being a good option as well IMHO. With the 22lr suppressed with the tion the only thing that you could hear was the bolt running using subsonic of course. Also the tion did have the best ease of operation on/off rifle very smooth ratcheting lock up. So please take all of this as just my opinion.

I just received a couple and plan to put thru the paces. Made from solid titanium, great mounting system, user serviceable, reportedly very quiet, and also very light. Yes I must have swallowed some kool-aid!

I've got a TB 338 to compare against as well as the Dead Air Nomad so we shall see. It won't be very scientific just tone and POI testing as I don't have access to the meters but will report back.

I just received a couple and plan to put thru the paces. Made from solid titanium, great mounting system, user serviceable, reportedly very quiet, and also very light. Yes I must have swallowed some kool-aid!

I've got a TB 338 to compare against as well as the Dead Air Nomad so we shall see. It won't be very scientific just tone and POI testing as I don't have access to the meters but will report back.

Nice I'm curious to see what you think about the tion. I have a feeling that we will be seeing more of these tion's. I feel like they are a solid offering worth looking at. I really like how light they are and how nice the fit and finish. The ease of use was also great for cleaning and removing from firearm.
Can't wait to read your report.

Loving my new DeadAir cans. Haven’t picked up my Thunderbeast since I got them.

Nice I'm curious to see what you think about the tion. I have a feeling that we will be seeing more of these tion's. I feel like they are a solid offering worth looking at. I really like how light they are and how nice the fit and finish. The ease of use was also great for cleaning and removing from firearm.
Can't wait to read your report.
Do you work for tion?

No but wouldn't mind expect I'd never get a paycheck. They aren't to far away though and europtics not to far either.

I bought an Ultra 7......looked at others but got nervous about treading in new, uncharted waters and went with the established name.....

Hello,

I am in the market for a new can, may a pair of them and am looking for opinions, advice...ect.. Had a buddy tell me about TION cans...anyone know anything about them? for 224-6.5 applications...PRS and coyote hunting....titanium ideally. Any advice on length, weight and mounting would be helpful.

Thanks for your time!

What’s your budget??

TBAC is the way to go if you can swing it. DO NOT buy no-name cans, as many others have said. You get what you pay for, especially in the Precision rifle space. Don’t take unnecessary risks with what is essentially a life time purchase.

Last edited:
I just went and did the paperwork and played with two new cans that I had shipped to my dealer. One was the Bushwhacker 46 and the other the Paladin 30; both from Griffin Armament. I was amazed how light they were, specifically the Paladin. It has a similar baffle geometry to the Recce 7 which is a great sounding can. I like the fact that both of these can be taken apart for cleaning and put back together. As far being a company that's been around and will be there when you need them Griffin Armament is right up there. They also have a ton of muzzle devices in some fairly obscure thread pitches, and of course plenty of options in standard 5/8x24 and 1/2x28. Anyway, check them out of they sound interesting to you.

Nice and congratulations!!!!
I hope that they both meet and exceed your needs. I have heard good things about both of them. (y) (y) (y)

I bought an Ultra 7......looked at others but got nervous about treading in new, uncharted waters and went with the established name.....
You made an excellent decision

Shot the TiON over the weekend. Sound is very good with good tone. I did get about 1" straight down POI change @100 yards. Group size was unchanged. This was the QD mounted 30 cal can on 300WM. Seems like a very nice can. Will update if anything changes. I wanted to compare against the new Thunderbeast but I had the wrong QD mount for my threads. grr...