• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

In today’s installment of the Not My Job file

Dirty D

Resident Sommelier of cellulite
Minuteman
Mar 29, 2010
Your moms house
LOL!
1624395554493.jpeg

1624395580320.jpeg

That little chase in the corner makes me think the strut is supporting whatever is in there.
Just trying to think what could possibly be in the wall that would need a unistrut support, that can’t be held by the studs. Typically only see it between ceiling joists to hold pipe, conduit, lights, etc.

Watching a house- that you are paying to have built- being built will drive you insane. I swear I expected to see deflated footballs and monkey jizz on every trip.

Kids- “Why does it smell like bleach?”

Wife- “Mind the puddles and don’t get ANYTHING on your shoes…”

Just trying to think what could possibly be in the wall that would need a unistrut support, that can’t be held by the studs. Typically only see it between ceiling joists to hold pipe, conduit, lights, etc.
Maybe commercial and that is what's in the spec for fire suppression, electrical, plumbing, HVAC support.

Elevator shaft behind that corner.

I run commercial construction sites and I learned pretty Quik that the Mexicans hanging rock will cut that shit around anything and move on. I see it all the time. It’s probably supporting a pipe or pipes, in fact I had this exact thing happen when my mechanical guy left his angles to long on the second floor fire dampeners and they were sticking out of the bottom plate of the walls

Reactions: tomcatmv
or a door way to another universe a very tiny misshaped doorway :alien::alien::alien:

Some of you ain’t never been drunk enough to wake up and piss in the corner just to go back to bed and it shows.