• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

In what way was Larry abused as a child?

TonyTheTiger

Like a Boss
Minuteman
Feb 14, 2017
Almost a serious question. His posts are all deleted now but Larry, most recently known as Bare There, made a comeback and once again proved himself to be the most unreasonable person I've ever seen on a forum. If you saw the 3x9 Varmit scope thread you know what I mean. What makes a man this way?

I missed that post, he lasted longer than I thought he would this time around.

It was his primary flame out thread, but he did manage to sprinkle his retardation and horrible sentence structure to most corners of the forum and negate any useful information being shared in any thread he touched.

Reactions: Mr. Z
Once again Larry's legacy of hurting feeewings bubbles to the front.
What makes a man this way?
Most of his information is pretty good and comes from experience.
In my opinion he has a disdain for those that think they can get that hard earned experience from a discussion board. Not much different from the recent thread about buying the latest gizmos except he hurts feelings.

Once again Larry's legacy of hurting feeewings bubbles to the front.

Most of his information is pretty good and comes from experience.
In my opinion he has a disdain for those that think they can get that hard earned experience from a discussion board. Not much different from the recent thread about buying the latest gizmos except he hurts feelings.
No hurt feelings on my end, I only tried to converse with him once but he got banned shortly thereafter. He did try to spread some real information on load data here and there but when you follow up every post with single digit IQ profanity and then a picture of a salmon it ruins any of the info.
The big threads make no sense though. He's like a drunk guy pushing into a bar to proclaim that the sky is green then wanting to fight with everyone that disagrees with him. Its painful to watch.

Reactions: Fig and Supersubes
LARRY! I knew I had seen a ghost, but couldn't put a name to a post.

You don't need to see the bear to know him by his prints.

Hint

And like a moth to a flame there's no lack of willing participants. Those that respond to his green sky rants always think that they will prove him wrong.
No hurt feelings on my end, I only tried to converse with him once but he got banned shortly thereafter. He did try to spread some real information on load data here and there but when you follow up every post with single digit IQ profanity and then a picture of a salmon it ruins any of the info.
The big threads make no sense though. He's like a drunk guy pushing into a bar to proclaim that the sky is green then wanting to fight with everyone that disagrees with him. Its painful to watch.
You say painful. Some of us enjoy the flameout. It's not the best thing for SH but many people still remember the punch that brought NASCAR to the mainstream. Many never got to see Yarborough and Allison rumble but they tuned in to the races hoping to see a rematch.
But I am positive that the HMFIC doesn't want that rep for his business. I can't blame him either.

You say painful. Some of us enjoy the flameout.
Oh its definitely entertaining at first, in the same way that Nascar crashes or hockey fights add some life to an event. But eventually some racing or scoring has to happen to keep those sports going. A Larry thread is more of a non-stop demo derby and you can only watch low speed car crashes for so long.

I've yet to find him mistaken
He's been mistaken every time I've seen him post in the semi auto forum. And even if he was right all the time its completely besides the point. This is a forum, a place people come to discuss things and learn. You can't discuss anything with Larry, any more than I can reason politics to my dog. Difference is my dog doesn't troll SH.

He's been mistaken every time I've seen him post in the semi auto forum. And even if he was right all the time its completely besides the point. This is a forum, a place people come to discuss things and learn. You can't discuss anything with Larry, any more than I can reason politics to my dog. Difference is my dog doesn't troll SH.
He purposely baits those who would argue.
While unpopular he does have a vast experience concerning shooting/hunting.
The hide of days past wasn't as user friendly as the more recent version/s
Back then a right of passage was earned, Larry is an semi-extreme version of this.
If no one replied/was offended what exactly could he accomplish?
Hint ^^^

R

So SH used to be more like a frat house and Larry did the hazing? I guess I could see the entertainment value in that. If he stayed in the Bear Pit I might think better of him, but there are plenty of users on SH that actively avoid the BP because we're not here for that.

I've read Larry's stuff on other forums for years. Learned from him. Made the mistake of asking questions about things that didn't align with his opinion and he gave me a pretty good rash of crap for it. That's just him. I still read his stuff on other forums, don't always agree, do wish I had the money to throw at toys like he does.
I dunno why, at some point, he became so combative. He has a lot of knowledge (at least he has taught me a lot). I will say there is another forum where he posts a substantial amount of info and has a much better demeanor (though one still has to translate "alaskanese").
I will say, depending on where you hang out on the web, he's probably sold more SWFA 6x's than anyone else on the planet...........he sold me on them, btw..........

Reactions: Bender
Love the guy because he has taught me a-lot and no one on any forum makes me laugh the way he does.He told me about the 223AI and I love the round.He also turned me onto the swfa 6x.Hope he returns soon to this forum.

I knew that was him. Should have outed him when it came to me.

Only thing I ever learned from Larry is that if don’t follow him in lock step, I’m fuckin idiot.

Ran across one of his comments in the 257 blackjack thread.
It was incoherent on the scale of playing the telephone game but translating from English to Russian to Greek to Chinese to Latin to Sumerian and back to English.

At best, Larry's a cryptic douche bag.

The rest of the time, he's an incoherent douche bag.

If we're going to keep douche bags around- and I'm not saying we should- let's at least keep the douche bags that can be understood.

Hint.

So SH used to be more like a frat house and Larry did the hazing? I guess I could see the entertainment value in that. If he stayed in the Bear Pit I might think better of him, but there are plenty of users on SH that actively avoid the BP because we're not here for that.
...but there are plenty of users on SH that actively avoid the BP because we're not here for that.

I am here mostly for the pit because I do not see the point of arguing about stuff that follows the laws of physics.

Let me give you an example: I just came across a thread where the OP asked how you can derive DOPE for a subsonic round from the 100 yard impact of a supersonic load.

I was tempted to explain that linear scaling (adding a constant elevation to your supersonic dope) is insufficient for matching higher order functions like the parabolic approximation (3DOF) of a bullet trajectory, that we have G1 and G7 drag coefficients for a reason, and that DOPE is -by definition- obtained from actual shots.

And then, I returned to the pit to see how we deal with the attacks of the completely irrational anti-2A zealots. The stuff I cannot wrap my head around is just more interesting.

The only downside of staying in the pit is that you miss occasional gems revealing the abyss of the human mind - like the threads discussed here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dirty D
I love shooting, and I try and participate in discussions about shooting, but if I’m being honest I’m really here to entertain myself and be entertained. I think he‘s a funny, entertaining character.
Anyone as adamant as he is about doing as he pleases and not caring what anyone thinks is screaming for validation. My guess is that he’s a belligerent drunk online, but good guy in the real world.

At best, Larry's a cryptic douche bag.

The rest of the time, he's an incoherent douche bag.

If we're going to keep douche bags around- and I'm not saying we should- let's at least keep the douche bags that can be understood.

Hint.

Bullshit. He really knows how to do a rifle break in.

20200113_101651.jpg

You guys don't get it

He lives not in ALASKA but off ALASKA

1/2 of the snowflakes in the lower 48 would never survive the way guys do off the grid up there.

They hunt for their food, all the time, they stand in the water fishing all the time, they work and live in the worst weather, all the time.

Most live in Dry cabins with no running water... how many of your wives will move into a house with no running water?

They are hard men, and To @TonyTheTiger you were about 2 seconds from getting banned yourself for the veiled insults in your reported post if you cannot handle the heat, hit the ignore.

You all have an IGNORE Button, Hit the fucking ignore and you never see their posts, it's pretty simple

How grown men can get upset over his posts are beyond me.

I love shooting, and I try and participate in discussions about shooting, but if I’m being honest I’m really here to entertain myself and be entertained. I think he‘s a funny, entertaining character.
Anyone as adamant as he is about doing as he pleases and not caring what anyone thinks is screaming for validation. My guess is that he’s a belligerent drunk online, but good guy in the real world.
100%.....taking this stuff too personally I don't get, but all I can control is my own sphere and I took him for a highly skilled ball buster who seems to know quite a shit ton about shootin stuff. I found him hilarious, but can see how certain folks might get roiled at it. I don't get flustered at stuff like this, but if I did it's really simple no one forces us to come on SH if ya don't like it turn it off just like the boobtube.

@lowlight I don't envy you having to field the whining crying emails from threads like that....Miller Time.

Last edited:
Reactions: lash and 6/250/40
Dogs understand more politics than you think. They know who your nice to and who to watch

The reason he goes in monster tirades hitting as many forums as possible is because he knows a dozen of you will report him, and he'll be gone in short order

There have been times we delete his stuff immediately and there are times we let it ride.

Larry has been on this site as Nobody since 2002... that is a lot of history

In the beginning, he was more selective in where he posted, but since he gets kicked off pretty fast he makes short runs at it.

There is knowledge in his posts if you read between the lines, and his images kick ass. The guys is a one man apocalypse for sure, he's a slayer up there, and they are surrounded by dinosaurs

I contribute very little but have learned very much on the hide. To me it's like the encyclopedia of shooting and wild west all at the same time. Maybe that's why the sites traffic is growing, it has something for everyone. I am really surprised every time I hear Frank gets so much BS email. I though the people here would have thicker Hides. JMHO

In the immortal words of SGT Hulka "lighten up Francis".

Reactions: lash
Like LL says, there’s a lot of knowledge there if you can decipher it and yes he gets off on your hurt feelers. Even if he’s belittling you and you send him a PM asking a question or clarification he’ll respond in a lot more civil manner than the online persona.

LOL, Nobody's presence, no matter how short, is a wake up call.

You guys don't get it

He lives not in ALASKA but off ALASKA

1/2 of the snowflakes in the lower 48 would never survive the way guys do off the grid up there.

They hunt for their food, all the time, they stand in the water fishing all the time, they work and live in the worst weather, all the time.

Most live in Dry cabins with no running water... how many of your wives will move into a house with no running water?

They are hard men, and To @TonyTheTiger you were about 2 seconds from getting banned yourself for the veiled insults in your reported post if you cannot handle the heat, hit the ignore.

You all have an IGNORE Button, Hit the fucking ignore and you never see their posts, it's pretty simple

How grown men can get upset over his posts are beyond me.
I have a huge passion for hunting and fishing. Anything anywhere anytime.
I had a passion for scuba. I made it my profession and completely lost the passion. If I didn’t enjoy teaching so much I wouldn’t have lasted half as long as I did.
You who make your passion a business and keep that passion are extremely lucky. I’m the kind of personality where it quickly becomes work, and it isn’t fun anymore.
If I had to hunt and fish for survival I am fairly certain I would loose that passion and it would become work. fuck that

Reactions: lash
He's an amazing photographer and a decent gunsmith with a wealth of knowledge, an oversized ego, and vile attitude. He tries to bully his way through anyone who disagrees with him.
I don't know that I buy this cabin in the sticks stuff.
He's got internet and I see lots of purchased ammo and accessories in his pictures.
Some of the images he posted this time were years old. Years.

All of that said, we knew it was him pretty early on, well before the hurt feelings reports started. My thinking was that a few around here needed a little Nobody in their faces to bring them down off their thrones a bit and to turn some stuff upside down, so I let it run.
Honestly, if many of his posts had been more on topic and not random self aggrandizing pictures and comments, I would've let him ride.

We have to look at how those who haven't signed up see the place in general. I've recently invited some well known "celebrity" names from the outdoors world to join us.
It's a bit embarrassing to ask someone to come check out your place, only to have them step in Larry's steaming piles as soon as they set foot in the door.

The Motivational pics folder has a similar effect.
Some of the people I've asked to join us are females. They're not snowflakes by any means, but I'm not proud of what they would see were they happen to take that little side trip.

He's an amazing photographer and a decent gunsmith with a wealth of knowledge, an oversized ego, and vile attitude. He tries to bully his way through anyone who disagrees with him.
I don't know that I buy this cabin in the sticks stuff.
He's got internet and I see lots of purchased ammo and accessories in his pictures.
Some of the images he posted this time were years old. Years.

All of that said, we knew it was him pretty early on, well before the hurt feelings reports started. My thinking was that a few around here needed a little Nobody in their faces to bring them down off their thrones a bit and to turn some stuff upside down, so I let it run.
Honestly, if many of his posts had been more on topic and not random self aggrandizing pictures and comments, I would've let him ride.

We have to look at how those who haven't signed up see the place in general. I've recently invited some well known "celebrity" names from the outdoors world to join us.
It's a bit embarrassing to ask someone to come check out your place, only to have them step in Larry's steaming piles as soon as they set foot in the door.

The Motivational pics folder has a similar effect.
Some of the people I've asked to join us are females. They're not snowflakes by any means, but I'm not proud of what they would see were they happen to take that little side trip.

Me when I am consciously aware that there are female members in a thread which I had just posted in...

339fgq.png

This is not the first time you've accused me of hidden messages between the lines, and you're wrong just like last time. My words which were along the lines of 'why is this douchebag allowed to run around shitting on the whole forum for two days, turning it into precision rifle barfcom' were meant to be taken exactly at face value.
Now I find out that not only is that nearly ban worthy, but you're here to defend maybe the biggest stain on the underwear of the forum and I'm even more curious why he gets special treatment when anyone else would've gotten the hammer two hours into his kind of behavior.
Like Tucker said, you guys want this place to look more professional, no titties anymore, no cop talk, no AJ stirring it up. But I can't question Larry, because he takes cool pics and lives off the land.
I guess if that makes me a pussy then whatever, I get called worse daily. In fact I deal with Larry personalities in real life all the time, it doesn't hurt my feelings it just makes me wonder what wires are loose up top that makes people so crude. Hence this thread.

And as long as I have you on the line, I take it you don't like me much and thats fine. But you've previously insinuated that I'm some jersey wearing PRS shooter that stalks you on FB and talks shit. Thats simply not true. We've never met, probably never will, our spheres have almost no overlap, I don't even shoot PRS. I suspect this post might get me banned but I'll survive, I'm mostly just here for the semi auto forum and the quality there has gone down ever since all the boogaloo preppers came in. Kinda similar to how Larry drags the quality down everywhere he posts.

FLAME OUT IN 3,2,.....

@TonyTheTiger If you knew the History, the audience of years ago, you'd have your answer. The HMFIC has already touched on it. If you're not getting it, and hell bent on flaming out, well, we're here Bro. We're right here. :sneaky:
Yeah I get it, you guys are all badasses that enjoy spending all your internet time throwing insults and anyone just here to learn and have intelligent conversations is a snowflake bitch of some sort.
I am relatively new here though so I apparently missed a lot of Larry history. I think I've seen him do this three times now, and this time I was curious enough to ask what his deal was. I've since learned I shouldn't have asked.

This is not the first time you've accused me of hidden messages between the lines, and you're wrong just like last time. My words which were along the lines of 'why is this douchebag allowed to run around shitting on the whole forum for two days, turning it into precision rifle barfcom' were meant to be taken exactly at face value.
Now I find out that not only is that nearly ban worthy, but you're here to defend maybe the biggest stain on the underwear of the forum and I'm even more curious why he gets special treatment when anyone else would've gotten the hammer two hours into his kind of behavior.
Like Tucker said, you guys want this place to look more professional, no titties anymore, no cop talk, no AJ stirring it up. But I can't question Larry, because he takes cool pics and lives off the land.
I guess if that makes me a pussy then whatever, I get called worse daily. In fact I deal with Larry personalities in real life all the time, it doesn't hurt my feelings it just makes me wonder what wires are loose up top that makes people so crude. Hence this thread.

And as long as I have you on the line, I take it you don't like me much and thats fine. But you've previously insinuated that I'm some jersey wearing PRS shooter that stalks you on FB and talks shit. Thats simply not true. We've never met, probably never will, our spheres have almost no overlap, I don't even shoot PRS. I suspect this post might get me banned but I'll survive, I'm mostly just here for the semi auto forum and the quality there has gone down ever since all the boogaloo preppers came in. Kinda similar to how Larry drags the quality down everywhere he posts.

Good to have you on on the hook

I have not singled you out except when required and as far as the jersey wearing thing, you tend to jump in to those conversation but you are giving yourself too much credit lumping yourself in with other comments directed at other people. I understand I blanket answer more than one post in a lot of those without singling out specific people, so the confusion is easy to get.

I don't like you and feel you have no business to try to lecture me, I consider this a lecture

We don't know each other so talking to me like you know me is my issue so you are correct here, I don't like you and can careless if we meet. PS I have no idea if you have a FB Page, but I do know people that do stalk me on both, the fact you are not one, shows you continue to conflate when I speak to others. I will try to be more specific

As far as No Titties, Never said, only no Pink and limit it to the Bar...

Swearing, don't care,

Why does Larry get a pass, because I LIKE LARRY and don't like a lot of other people. Because Larry has been a member here since 2002, a year after this place started, he has seniority over many, including you.

I don't consider Larry a stain on the forum I consider him a Doer, one who just so happens to walk his talk, he is real. The fact he insults a certain segment of the internet is on them. I understand what he is doing and saying. As I have noted, if it wasn't for the complaints I rather enjoyed having him here.

Being more professional on here works in several different ways. I know Larry will be gone by Monday Morning so having a short distraction is no big deal to me. I sit back, ignore the bitching and moaning, all the while knowing eventually we'll remove him again for another 3 years. He shows up in short doses that span many years. Grow a pair.

While we're at it, if you don't like it, why are you here, that is a real question. This is my house, I don't try to tell you how to run your house or business so why do you think it is okay to tell me how to run mine. If I choose to bend or break a rule of the site, that is okay, because I make the rules. I can do what I want and from the outside looking in, most would say that thas worked pretty well, You are here after all.

Question Larry all you want, but don't question me about Larry, question Larry he will answer you directly, maybe in code, but he will answer you.

I did say not to attack the police, we have a very robust LE community here, including a private LE section, you may not be aware of. The Army Jerry thing was his choice, he wants to troll everyday we asked him to stop, he refused, others get banned and reinstated, and then break the rules again and get banned. I do tend to remove problems from the site, and sometimes those problems stay gone, other times they repeat themselves. We remove repeat offenders.

Quality is more about you than me, I can loosely steer the ship but I am not on the board in every section every day. I have no idea who these preppers are, as I normally gauge the tenor of the discussion (where I don't hang out) by the thread-titles or reports we get. I have not seen an increase in problems with new members, but our membership is up considerably.

Maybe it's time for you to move on since the quality is down so far, I would consider it an improvement.