• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Incoming PCS to Fort Campbell/Clarksville, TN Area

CMonty256

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 18, 2010
Fort Campbell, KY
Im inbound to the Fort Campbell area and looking for some good places to shoot. Ive heard the POW range on post is pretty good, but I'm looking for additional places to shoot within a few hours.

Thanks

Re: Incoming PCS to Fort Campbell/Clarksville, TN Area

POW range 16 is nice out to 100-700 meters with AR-500 e-type targets,open on weekends and donsa's, also not sure what unit your going to but stop by 5th special forces group sniper school there, they have thier own ranges and are good guys can always strap hang with them and the ammo is free.

Im going to 101 combat aviation brigade, but have a friend over at 160th who was prior SF with 5th group who probably has some contacts over there. I didn't know range 16 had steel out to 700, that should definitely be sufficient for my 308. Any places 1000m+ for me to stretch out a .338LM?

There's a place in KY just north east. Where they hold the Mammoth Sniper Challenge as well.
Rockcastle Shooting Center

If you get back to Rucker for the IP course, ALSE, or anything else there is supposed to be a 1K range opening up on Bogs and Boulders. Remember to look me up and we may be able to hit some fire breaks for up to 1400 yards. I will be in Iraq until the end of the year though. I will be looking for a partner on the next Mammoth Challenge also.