• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Inconsiderate and Dangerous

ArmedGinger

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Nov 11, 2018
BC, Canada
Took the fiance out to sight in her rifle. There is a very large open area/gravel pit near here. It's about 800 yards long with a small dirt track down the center. We went to the very back corner (dead end) where there is a large berm to use as a back stop and I parked my jeep half on the road and half off.

The fiance set up her shooting mat on the ground near the front of the jeep and we did some shooting. After about 12 shots we grabbed our guns and walked over to the target to see.

Then from the other size of the pit, we see a Side by Side, two quads, and two dirt bikes come our way. They drive up to the jeep and we expect them to turn around. Instead they drive around the front of my jeep, almost running over my fiance's shooting mat where he headset was lying. They drive right past us standing where the target is and go right up onto the berm and start playing around on the other side of the berm.

They knew exactly what we were up to and totally cut our shooting short after 12 rounds.

DSC_4338_tonemapped.jpg

Yes it was. But they knew what we were doing and we were there first so there wasn't anything I could say. They did it on purpose to be rude.
I am NOT one to advocate or even suggest a question of the terminal ballistics performance of your projectiles on an aluminum cylinder or valve-train or crank-case.....

Although..... Nah, don't do it.

I don't know your locale, but IIRC, the Sapperton rifle range used to be good. I'd have to look through my old memberships, but it was North of Maple Ridge and you could do what you wanted in that valley.

Couple of casual AD's might have changed their attitude.

Yes it was. But they knew what we were doing and we were there first so there wasn't anything I could say. They did it on purpose to be rude.
I have had people drive up a trail on a burm that tons of people shoot against with 20+ bays with dozens of people currently shooting, including myself.
People in a jeep drive up to the back and just park. “I don’t know what happened next” but they decided to leave after a few minutes. They were trying to stop people from shooting there and decided thats how they wanted to go about it. Pretty sure they got some chipped paint and glass, they were lucky not to catch a bullet. I stopped going there after seeing several near accidents and hearing of people getting shot.

tree huggers sure are a brave/stupid bunch.

Public land, get over it. Make some connections to shoot on private ranges.

Reactions: Dpp
I suspect a 5lb. box of roofing nails would have little affect on the performance of your firearms.

Nor would rope stretched between several trees. Blackberries planted over time will keep 'em the fuck out permanently. If you have the means, move some rocks around. I'm also sure when they totally pissed on your day, they did it leaving a truck with a trailer behind somewhere. It'd be a shame if their truck and trailer got fucked up and they weren't able to ruin your next trip out.

Two can play this game, I bet one will lose. Not betting against the guy with the rifle if he has some time and a few shekels to spare.

Get your fiancé a rear bag lol

Or tell her to fill one of your nasty socks with some rice at least for fuck's sake!

Public land, get over it. Make some connections to shoot on private ranges.

Yeah, I could say the same thing. Go drive a course. Most private ranges are shit anyway.

I've never, ever heard of such a thing happening before on public land.

People are assholes. Either get over it and find another place to shoot, or handle your business in person. Either way, your fiance will be more impressed than if you stew in misery all evening and bitch about it online as if you were a chick.

Reactions: HiDesertELR
better to leave and find a private club no more crazy public just nut jobs on club property good luck and best wishes the others are correct don't dwell on people its not helpful or productive .

You had a Jeep, why not go join them on the berms and have some fun until they left? Might have even found some new buddies to shoot with that have access to private land.

OR just accidentally run them over while playing on the berms with them? Both seem like viable options.........other than that nothing can be done except go home and sulk

• Haha
Reactions: deersniper
I hunt waterfowl at a buddy’s leased duck pond just off the bay about 1/2 mile. Pond is maybe 40 yds wide (its long and narrow) and on the other side is county property and no four wheeling allowed.

Does stop these idiots from riding back and forth in the woods on the other side right about in our line of fire on incoming ducks.

Our view is that if ducks are coming in, we take em.

Last edited:
Hypothetically speaking, someone may have told me about a cure for ATV's running trails where they didn't need to be.
Post the area with signs indicating the trails have spike strips in them. A picture of an ATV with a scope reticle over it on a sign might get the point across.
At the moment I'm really lucky and have a large tract of private property to shoot on. I find an ATV there and they get introduced to LE.

Last edited:
Hypothetically speaking, someone may have told me about a cure for ATV's running trails where they didn't need to be.
Post the area with signs indicating the trails have spike strips in them. A picture of an ATV with a scope reticle over it on a sign might get the point across.
Heavy mono fishing line stretched (low) across the trail may be effective, so I've heard.
At the moment I'm really lucky and have a large tract of private property to shoot on. I find an ATV there and they get introduced to LE.

WTF? You trying to hurt kids on ATV’s, this is public land we are talking about

Reactions: IrishWind and DCAN
WTF? You trying to hurt kids on ATV’s, this is public land we are talking about

That's the Bear Pit for ya - people who are ultra-sensitive about their own rights, but who will also risk serious injury or death to someone who potentially has caused them a slight inconvenience.

Heavy mono fishing line stretched (low) across the trail may be effective, so I've heard.
Not cool.

@navynambu I love dirt bikes and raced motocross growing up so no comment on the topic of this thread.. but yes! The fckn horse riders! We gotta lake right behind my house that we shoot across. This is 2500 acres private land BTW. So we’re lighting the targets up one day when 3 morons on horses who 100% heard the fckn shots came up the backside of the hill and walked right in front of what we were shooting at. Damn near took the first horse’s head off as it popped up above the berm at first. Fckn retards. Gave em hell and told em don’t ride TOWARD gunfire from now on, and 2. GTFO our property.

People are stupid, unfortunately it can't be fixed. And the idiots don't care even if it is private land. Dad has had to run off countless atv riders, hunters and fisherman from his farmland over the years.
Usually goes:
Dad: Hey, what are you doing?
Idiots: Oh just riding, fishing, hunting etc
Dad: This is private property
Idiots: Yeah, but the owner said we could be here
Dad: Lying asshole, I'm the owner, and no I didn't.
Idiots: Oh, well, uh, um, we ain't hurting anything!
Dad: So what!?! Get the fuck off my land!

Sad part is they feel like what's yours is theirs and you're the dick for not sharing.

It's public land; act accordingly.

Remember, the 'public' isn't exactly intelligent.

I have no idea how more people out by me, where there is literally half a state of connected public land, don't take more ricochets from the dumb shit they do or take random incoming fire from other dumbasses. Then again, maybe they do, and it isn't really reported/talked about?

I always have an IFAK in my vehicle for this reason.

Few years back I had some moron apparently see a steel plate I was using at the time for carbine drills and start shooting at it from distance. Either they didn't see me because of the terrain or something, but after the 2nd round hit the plate (first round gave me that 'youre being shot at' sound and feeling) I literally got on the ground and fired off 5-6 rounds in that direction, got up, jumped in a wash, fired 2-3 more rounds, jumped behind a rock, fired a few more while on my way to the other side of a berm/rise that blocked me off.

No idea whatever came from that. But the mag I dropped while reloading is still out there somewhere.