• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Inconsistency with LRFs

Quarter Horse

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 17, 2010
    Carlton, OR
    I have an old Bushnel Yardage-Pro 800 that has been very accurate on deer and elk size targets to 500 yds. and treelines to 650+. I now want to be able to range to 1200+.

I've been reading all the LRF threads for months and it seems that the most obvious conclusion is that, even among the Leicas, Swaros etc., there is a lot of inconsistency. Is this just inherent in the LRFs?

Re: Inconsistency with LRFs

It does seem that the Swaros get the best reviews yet there are threads where the poster claims that his Leica or other manufacturer work better. In addition there are numerous reports of various LRFs being returned as defective.

It just appears that the LRF is a device that delivers inconsistent performance. A friend had a Bushnell which wouldn't range a vehicle at 450yds. He returned it to the manufacturer and was told it was out of warranty. When he dec-ided to replace it with a Leupy he made sure the store had several of the model he wanted and asked the seller if he could bring the LRF back that day or the next if he felt the LRF was not performing properly. The seller agreed he would replace it. The first did not perform the second one did.

Ch'e if you and your mates have found a Swaro that provides no problems could you give me the model?

Re: Inconsistency with LRFs

If you have the cash, chech out the various Vectronix models. Starting price $3750 but the reviews I've seen suggest they are worth it. No firsthand experience, yet.