• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Increasing elevation

UndFrm

Private
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2022
CA
I am looking at getting a new scope and the intended use is it go beyond 1KM. Due to this, I'll likely have to increase the elevation beyond the limits of the scope.

I was looking at putting a 30 MOA base but then I thought, since I'll have to get new scope rings, why not just use the Burris signature scope ring with the inserts.
My question is, is there a difference between adding a 30 MOA base rail vs just the inserts in the scope ring instead? Is there a preferred option to choose one over the other for any reason?

Thank you

The versatility of the Burris rings is awfully nice.

I find my zero, find out how much travel I have left in my scope, and adjust my cant to get all the available travel. For example, if after zero I have 18 mils of elevation left in my turret, and its a 26mil total travel optic, I'll add in approximately 6 mils of cant for 24 mils total, leaving me a couple mils buffer from being maxed out.

I am looking at getting a new scope and the intended use is it go beyond 1KM. Due to this, I'll likely have to increase the elevation beyond the limits of the scope.

I was looking at putting a 30 MOA base but then I thought, since I'll have to get new scope rings, why not just use the Burris signature scope ring with the inserts.
My question is, is there a difference between adding a 30 MOA base rail vs just the inserts in the scope ring instead? Is there a preferred option to choose one over the other for any reason?

Thank you
The burris signature rings will also let you take out any windage offset due to hole alignment. This is my solution for my 1000 yard fclass rifle with NXS scope that only has 40 moa total. They alo protect the dcope from ring marks

David