• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Indian reservation deer hunting?

pickpick

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 25, 2008
Jonesboro,Ar.
Has anyone ever done a whitetail or mule deer hunt on an Indian reservation? Was just looking for alternatives to guided hunts or public land hunts. I've never been out of state on a big game hunt. Thanks for any info.

Re: Indian reservation deer hunting?

didn't know people are allowed to hunt on reservations, don't think you can even take a firearm on one.

heck yes you can hunt on the rez, all you need to do is buy the tag, and pay the guide, if you aren't a member of the tribe you are hunting on, you must have a tribal guide, rates vary.

I dont know the laws in Az. but in wa. there are several reservations that do not allow non tribal hunting, period.

That said there is some great hunting on tribal lands here, so if you can get in you should have some good hunting.

I didn't know it either CD. A friend of mine was talking about pheasant hunting on reservations and it made me wonder if I could big game hunt on their land too. Thanks Skinney, I'll do some more investigating. Wyoming and South Dakota are the states I was curious about.

you do not need a guide on standing rock or cheyanne river reservations in south dakota. All you have to do is buy the tags and make sure to stay on tribal land.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kurt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">you do not need a guide on standing rock or cheyanne river reservations in south dakota. All you have to do is buy the tags and make sure to stay on tribal land. </div></div>
Rosebud and pine ridge you need guides, unless you own land in that county or are indian, they have websites up, just not sure how much you looking to pay for a guide, apply for special west river buck tag n i can get you on some 180" mule and whitetails, for a price.

[/quote]Rosebud and pine ridge you need guides, unless you own land in that county or are indian, they have websites up, just not sure how much you looking to pay for a guide, apply for special west river buck tag n i can get you on some 180" mule and whitetails, for a price.[/quote]

Thanks Skinney, I went pheasant hunting in Kenebek a few years ago, and after seeing some of the deer, I knew I had brought the wrong gun. Thanks for the offer. I may give you a call for next season.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wyoming and South Dakota are the states I was curious about.</div></div>

You aint in Ar<span style="font-weight: bold">KANSAS</span> any more Dorthy. Government or Public Land isnt the same here as in Arkansas.

There is zero reason for anyone to need a guide in the Black Hills of South Dakota or Eastern Wyoming. IF you don't like public land (lots of it out here) then get a copy of the "Walk In Area" guide from the Wyoming Fish and Game.

We got a heck of a lot more deer then people in Wesson County.