• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Indiana Jones and the Dial-tone of Density

SharpsNitro

Minuteman
Jan 22, 2013
Arizona
Thought I would share the Critical Drinkers review. I would say he’s a national treasure, but since he’s from Scotland that’s setting the bar too low.:LOL:

I don’t plan to see this steaming pile, I’ve never seen the fourth one either.

Edited for misspelling.

Last edited:
What’s a dail-tone?

If you’re from the South a dail is a whole lot of something, so maybe it’s a bunch of music?

• Haha
Reactions: lash
that franchise died 30 years ago
1688230428004.jpeg

Asps, very dangerous...you go first!

<sigh>

Lost Ark was so fun.

Anyway, Critical Drinker is a pretty good reviewer. By simply scanning his video titles you can get a sense whether it was a good film, and I've discovered a few movies that I hadn't watched, that turned out to be good. Then I will watch his review afterward, so I don't spoil it beforehand.

His closing thoughts are pretty much on point for all of modern ‘celebrity‘ writ large actually; and I include politicians in that category.

Politics in America is just celebrity for the ugly.

Celebrities today aren’t philosophers, or even critical thinkers who make their dreams a reality or create something beautiful from a fertile mind. All we see now are just destroyers, who pervert and remake the ideas of those who actually built something, until nothing remains but a barren wasteland of ideas…and ideals.

IIRC the ugly obnoxious chick in the movie is supposed to be Indy's daughter, so Hollywoods idea is probably a bunch of girlpower Indy movies starring her.
You're likely right about the concept, but as it looks like the movie has generated about as much interest as a dog turd on a hot sidewalk it (probably) won't come to fruition

I watched it.

It's bad. Straight potato. Like watching Transformers with CGI everything except it's Indiana Jones and he's old as fuck. They de-age him with CGI and it looks OK but the action scenes are all green screen over the top crap. Then it gets really boring and straight off the wall with the dial. Woman actor is as horrible as I thought. Then there's the goony NAZI guy who looks like a nerd and the usual betrayal stuff.

Well I went to see this… the review is 100x better than the movie and hits the high points. First movie I’ve gone to see in a long time and now I know why. Just garbage coming out these days.

Well, it’s officially a flop. It only took in $60M over the three days and $82 over the first five days. Those are the domestic totals, the foreign numbers are not much better.

Well, it’s officially a flop. It only took in $60M over the three days and $82 over the first five days. Those are the domestic totals, the foreign numbers are not much better.

Notice how the critics and media outlets are carrying water for it too. This was supposed to be Indian Jones passing the torch to a Stronk Female Lead and it's a dud.

Right now they are saying 80mil gross domestic which is on par with John Carter so it's doing pretty badly. Except John Carter was a better movie lol.

Last edited:
Critical Drinker does excellent reviews, be cool if he’d review horror movies once in a while.

Reactions: Yasherka
Problem is, they makers of all this mess have long lost any imagination, any creative thinking. Literally nothing but sequels on top of sequels, on top of sequels. Then there are prequels.

Not sure how the Oppenheimer movie is going to be, but seems like something besides something I have already seen before is rather refreshing.

(sad, the two best movies I have seen in quite a while, Midway and the Top Gun remake are both sequels.).

Reactions: BCP
Well the Ms and I wanted a little date time, so we went to see this today. When it was over, she asked me what I thought about it, and my reply was, “I’ve never seen this movie, but I’ve already seen it.” We have seen every IJ movie in the theater since the beginning of them, so we wanted to see it, and we wanted it to be good. Sadly it wasn’t all that. If you have seen the others, this is just more of the same, but of course, it’s Indiana Jones, so what else would you expect. I would tell someone who has seen all the others, that they should watch it, but wait for TV, pop some popcorn and watch it on a rainy day. Like real rainy, when you are stuck inside and there is not much to do. Overall, we enjoyed our date, but the movie is lacking in creativity. It was cool to see a lot of older characters that they brought back, but holy shit are they old. Note to self- don’t go look in a mirror.

• Haha
Reactions: 101st and Maggot
Thought I would share the Critical Drinkers review. I would say he’s a national treasure, but since he’s from Scotland that’s setting the bar too low.:LOL:

I don’t plan to see this steaming pile, I’ve never seen the fourth one either.

Edited for misspelling.

Sounds like the review is better than the flick.