• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Inexpensive ar optic IOR edge

exedotbat

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 21, 2009
Montville, NJ
I'm sure this has been covered but I can't find my answer. I'm looking for an inexpensive optic for a new ar build. 16" Carbine for target shooting at the range. I have owned a IOR scope on my bolt action and liked it. I'm interested in the edge and edge micro. Does anyone know if these are high enough to co witness? Are they manufactued in Europe or China? And what kind of glass is used, my last ior had good glass but it was 1300.00. If anyone has any experience please post or if you have close up pics. Thanks

Re: Inexpensive ar optic IOR edge

Find a used aimpoint maybe? They seem to go for ~300. If you want cheap the vortex red dots work well and aren't expensive. My strikefire has a good, round center dot and holds zero just fine.

If you pony up a little more cash you could probably find an eotech too...

I have owned the Eotech 512, which I did like. I was thinking about purchasing a new one since the price of the 512 is only 375. SWFA seems to have a nice package deal on the aimpoint compC3 for 399. However I still would like to try to keep the cost down, as my .308 has taken up most of my budget now that its wearing a SN-3 T-Pal. I have been keeping an eye on the Vortex as the price is right and everyone seems to think they are great for the money and the warranty is good. I was just figuring the IOR may be better quality.

Vortex red dot is great plinker stuff and the company has an excellent warranty.

If you're the type that has to have mil-spec everything you probably won't like it, but if you want a red dot to go on a "fun gun" then save some bucks and get the vortex.

If I went with Vortex any reason to go with the Sparc over the Strickfire?