1.2.3.. Discuss .
A54CD4EA-C73A-4B2E-92C4-D57A987812A3.jpeg

The King

Back to the Range
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Sep 17, 2004
    Florence, CO
    Probably uses a powered mount made in China. The one thing the Chinese have no clue how to make in this space is mounts.

The mount looks fine usually, but starts ejecting metal shavings the second you touch the controls.

Reactions: rlsmith1

rlsmith1

Legalize Freedom
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    May 1, 2019
    Midwest
    Standard tubes accepted or are we stuck with whatever the Chinese are using? Could be pretty neat if they sell the housing alone. I'd hate to have to use a proprietary mount

Reactions: Eliteuas

rlsmith1

Legalize Freedom
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    May 1, 2019
    Midwest
    That’s a cadex mount. standard dovetail
    Sweet!! Another concern would be collimation between the thermal and I2. It looks like the thermal overlay is only on the right eye which will probably be just fine. Getting all three images lined up could be interesting if there isn't adjustment built in.

Any idea on release date?

Eliteuas

www.eliteuas.us
    Supporter
    Commercial Supporter
    Minuteman
    Jul 3, 2018
    Grantville, PA.
    www.eliteuas.us
    Sweet!! Another concern would be collimation between the thermal and I2. It looks like the thermal overlay is only on the right eye which will probably be just fine. Getting all three images lined up could be interesting if there isn't adjustment built in.

Standard tubes. I’ll have more info soon. Yes EliteUAS will be carrying these

TF626

Private
    Minuteman
    Nov 4, 2020
    OCONUS

The fusion is only on one side in any fused BNVG I’ve seen. Have you used, seen or know of one that does otherwise. There was a digital program awhile back but…….

Evolution 9

Hurter of feelings
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Supporter+
    Mar 6, 2010
    Central Idaho
    I get as tempted to buy Chinese crap as the next guy, but every time I do I regret it. Yes, I know, there’s NO way to be consistently anti Chinese products (typing on an IPhone now), but shouldn’t we at least try?

Warranty, item performance vs. item advertised, lead paint, cheap materials, toughness seriously suspect, intellectual property theft… there’s not enough discounts in the world to make all that worth it to me on a weapon related item.

shoots100

Sergeant
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Supporter+
    Jan 11, 2010
    NYS Flatlands
    I get as tempted to buy Chinese crap as the next guy, but every time I do I regret it. Yes, I know, there’s NO way to be consistently anti Chinese products (typing on an IPhone now), but shouldn’t we at least try?

Warranty, item performance vs. item advertised, lead paint, cheap materials, toughness seriously suspect, intellectual property theft… there’s not enough discounts in the world to make all that worth it to me on a weapon related item.
    I agree.
    I only buy china spotters for an amount that I won't get too pissed if it dies and can loan it out to friends and not worry about them breaking it.
    Most of it isn't crap though, but that's why I wait till after it's been tested by others before purchasing.

Reactions: Evolution 9

rlsmith1

Legalize Freedom
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    May 1, 2019
    Midwest
    The fusion is only on one side in any fused BNVG I’ve seen. Have you used, seen or know of one that does otherwise. There was a digital program awhile back but…….
    I have not and I don’t think it’s an issue it only sends the thermal to one eyepiece.

@Evolution 9 I agree but I’m this case iRay is bringing something to market that no one else has for civilians which should be good for the market

Conqueror

Sergeant
    Minuteman
    Feb 28, 2008
    Chapel Hill, NC
    but shouldn’t we at least try?
    I hear you but this is a space that has no US-made equivalent for non-mil folks. If someone wants to start selling ENVG-Bs to us at civilian-attainable prices, or release a commercial equivalent, I’d be second in line behind @TheHorta. But as of now every company that has said they would do it has either fallen through or is still vaporware. I really want my next binos to have fusion capability so if iRay is the only company to make it happen I may be stuck with no alternative.

tangloppen

Private
    Minuteman
    Apr 9, 2017
    Denmark
    40 fn grand........that's steep like Everest
    As I recall, someone here (I’m looking at you Horta) tried them out, and said they were shit. A good idea, just not matured yet. Guess that’s why ENVG-B is the new buzz.

its gonna be interesting to see how these CHINA-B‘s are gonna perform. Integrated fusion seems to be the way ahead, but if they suck, you can always fall back to the E-COTI.

TheHorta

Nest-stirring pot-poker.
    Supporter
    Minuteman
  • Jan 17, 2014
    NO AL
    The L3 PVS 36 is what you are looking for.
    PSQ-36, actually. And those were single-side thermal also. There are no binos (or quads) that have multiple thermal inputs or displays. They all just use one tube/eyepiece.

PSQ-36 were dogshit. But they were the shizzle a decade or more ago when they first came out. New Elbit and L3 fusion binos are light years better.

Conqueror

Sergeant
    Minuteman
    Feb 28, 2008
    Chapel Hill, NC
    AGM is already charging 14k for the Jerry-F monocular. These better not be $20k. The CoreVision fusion binos are 25k and US made, but still not available.

rlsmith1

Legalize Freedom
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    May 1, 2019
    Midwest
    Going to have to be cheaper than DTNVS / Katana / 1431 housings + Jerry C. I'm still curious how a Jerry C (640 core) compares to a fusion device. It seems that for detection they are similar but PID the fusion wins hands down.

$7k to $11k for binos depending on housing and tubes plus $4k for Jerry C. It will need to compete in the weight category too

The King

Back to the Range
    Supporter
    Minuteman
  • Sep 17, 2004
    Florence, CO
    The issue with DTNVS and Katanas is they are made in good countries and high quality for sure. Lets not accidentally compare a Chinese made housing and glass to something from the USA. There is no comparison in quality IMHO.

DTNVS housings are $3000 and US made glass is another $1k. The Jerry-C is $4k.....so $8k is pretty reasonable actually. No tubes.

With the new "lets measure how stupid American buyers are" model they will of course cost $20k no tubes. If you made $3k in profit off of selling 10 sets (each) or you found some shockingly stupid fucks that bought 4 of them for 15k profit each....guess which one wins out? And now you only have 4 Chinesium units out there breaking in the field and a couple of happy customers that you replaced them 3 times without question instead of 10 units and 5 pissed off customers.

rlsmith1

Legalize Freedom
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    May 1, 2019
    Midwest
    Totally agree. I'm just saying even at $15k (including tubes) it will be a hard sell to me (maybe I'm just not stupid but I've been called worse)

The King

Back to the Range
    Supporter
    Minuteman
  • Sep 17, 2004
    Florence, CO
    If it has two tubes that are like $3k each (aka good ones) then that would push the reasonable price to like $14k probably. 2x Photonis = maybe $12k.

Qazwsx

Private
    Minuteman
    Feb 19, 2017
    USA
    Anyone helping them with product improvement or buying their shit is helping ccp weapons development. It sucks that there is a hole in the domestically produced us market but that’s a secondary problem. Buying this shit is what supporting the enemy looks like.

W54/XM-388

Online Training Member
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Supporter+
  • Oct 1, 2005
    Dallas, TX
    Anyone helping them with product improvement or buying their shit is helping ccp weapons development. It sucks that there is a hole in the domestically produced us market but that’s a secondary problem. Buying this shit is what supporting the enemy looks like.

Over dramatic much?

Think about it the opposite way.
    Our enemy is helping the local civilians get prepared for SHTF on the cheap.

If the Chinese or their local "USA Citizen" allies are invading your hometown, would you rather have no night vision, or would you prefer to be out hunting them using their own stuff against them? (Assuming you weren't able to buy something else beforehand).

Also a lot of the "USA" made brands are actually packaging up iRay cores so...

Spare me the whole "supporting the enemy" jingoistic B.S. Our entire economy and industry is so intertwined with China that a getting a few things to stick on your weapons from them doesn't even rate up there with any significant concern.

roostercogburn98

Crawling America, one mall at a time
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Supporter+
    Nov 3, 2010
    If the Chinese or their local "USA Citizen" allies are invading your hometown, would you rather have no night vision, or would you prefer to be out hunting them using their own stuff against them? (Assuming you weren't able to buy something else beforehand).
    He’ll be sneaking around using his china made iphone flashlight.

Conqueror

Sergeant
    Minuteman
    Feb 28, 2008
    Chapel Hill, NC
    I think Horta found that the Jerry-F was a huge PITA to install your own tubes in and said he would just buy one with tubes. I wonder if this is the same way. It’s also hard to find a Jerry-F for iRay’s MSRP, so I’m guessing these will be more whenever we can find them for sale stateside.

Reactions: TheHorta

tangloppen

Private
    Minuteman
    Apr 9, 2017
    Denmark
    8500 no tubes seems just fine. Does it take the odd 3 contact tubes or standard ones with a gain pigtail?
    Seller mentioned that it was standard 10160 two contact autogain, and three contact manual gain.

also mentioned that the eyepiece was improved, compared to the Jerry-F fusion mono.

weight wasn’t mentioned, but if the weight is tolerable, then it seems quite interesting,

tangloppen

Private
    Minuteman
    Apr 9, 2017
    Denmark
    Now available in Europe, although pricing is absurd (as it always is here)…

zinny

Sergeant
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Supporter+
    Mar 28, 2010
    Dealer selling these direct also stated "soldering required" so these definetly will not be direct drop in. Its interesting though supposedly they're still in the end of the prototype phase. As in these are not 100% FWIW.

Conqueror

Sergeant
    Minuteman
    Feb 28, 2008
    Chapel Hill, NC
    525 gotta be without tubes or something, I find it hard to believe iRay could make fusion binos 75g heavier than a set of 31s.