• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Info for AP bullets needed!

Tactical30

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
May 5, 2009
Eastern Ohio
Can someone give me (off the top of your head) or direct me to a website that will tell me all the AP bullet weights for just the 30cal.

I googled the hell out this and only found the M2 AP bullets. I know they make AP bullets for the 7.62x54, .300WM, 7.62x51, etc,etc.

I would like to know all the bullets wieghts for the .30Cal. AP rounds.

Thanks

Re: Info for AP bullets needed!

I have no idea what the number is but is 30 cal. military and weighs 161.6 grains. I strip the copper off them and use the tungsten core as feet on front rests.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BBeyer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have no idea what the number is but is 30 cal. military and weighs 161.6 grains. I strip the copper off them and use the tungsten core as feet on front rests.</div></div>
I use a .50 core for a center punch for drilling.

Cal. .30 AP M2 Bullet weight 158.5 grains to 166 grains
Cal. 7.62mm AP M61 Bullet weight 144 grains to 150.5 grains (cut cannelure)
Cal. 7.62mm AP M61 Bullet weight 145 grains to 150.5 grains (knurled cannelure)
Start at about page 28 for all .30
http://www.scribd.com/doc/38840116/1968-Small-Arms-Ammunition-Pamphlet-Frankford-Arsenal

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Mechanic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[/quote]
I use a .50 core for a center punch for drilling.
</div></div>

BEST center punch EVER!.. i have 4 in the tool box... they never get dull

30calAP.jpg

Terry

164gr308APsurplusbullets.jpg

Some 164 gr bullets will not have the black tip.

The black paint on the tip can get lost by the time the bullets show up on the surplus metal market. I don't know how they pulled down the bullets. Some say they cooked them off.

And the tips can be bent, too.

~ 13 years ago, this stuff was in great supply in ShotGunNews and graded by how beat up they were. The bent tip stuff was worth less money.

There was a lot of talk that someone had made a 308 handgun. This meant that 308 AP was illegal.... in the world of BATF rulings... until challenged in court.
Small Arms Review magazine was the best place to keep up on BATF rulings being overturned.

I think you can put any bullet you can buy in 308 and shoot it yourself, but I don't know about selling the loaded ammo.

I don't know much about it, but I think about half the AP laws went away with the 1984 AWB law sunsetting in 2004. There are still handgun AP laws, or selling handgun AP ammo laws.

You can call up the BATF and ask about federal laws, and call up the locals for state laws.
Those laws that are "felony to manufacture" don't seem to get enforced on individuals, from what I see on tables at gun shows, i.e. 922(r) bayonet lugs and flash hiders.
Those laws that are "felony to posses" rate draconian enforcement, from what I see on the news, i.e. sawed off shotguns, machine guns, and suppressors.

all contender pistol barrels from bullberry that are .308" bore.
30 Mauser
30 Carbine
30 Herrett
32-20
30-221 Remington
32 H & R Mag.
7.62 x 39 (modified)
30-30 Winchester
30-30 Winchester Improved
and I am sure someone has a .308 barrel for the contender
Check that EAB has them in a 15" barrel