• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Info help Springfield 1911-A1

gryphthemyth

Private
Minuteman
Feb 2, 2010
Arion, Iowa
Hey everyone I am looking at purchasing a used Springfield 1911. Was told this particular railed 1911-A1 was discontinued after about a year but I can't find anything on that. Any one got info on this model?

Re: Info help Springfield 1911-A1

Man I have never seen that type of rail before. Did it say Custom Shop on the other side of the slide? Any other markings on it? Is the barrel shroud stainless or is it blacked out as well? What are they asking for it, looks to be a solid looking 1911.

Its an ffl holder friend of mine. I didn't see any other markings and all he could tell me was it was a line springfield made sometime in the 90's and only made them for about a year. I will look at it again and if I notice any other markings that stand out I will post them but for now the big stand out is the rail style.

There are a few different 1911-A1 models that were made in the 90s that had a picatinny rail on them. As was said earlier they were discontinued. Far as I can tell there were maybe 3 or 4 models from that time. From the picture it looks to be the Mil-spec Operator model and was discontinued in 2002. I'm gettin this info from the Blue Book and I believe this is the correct model for what you have there.