• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Info needed about CG Jackson trigger for 700

WTC343

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2006
Nevada, Texas
I have a 700P in an AICS chassis. I love the way it feels, except for how far rearward the factory trigger sits in the AICS trigger guard. Am looking at the CG Jackson mod 22 trigger unit, the one with a safety and bolt release. If I understand it correctly, I should be able to move the trigger shoe farther forward with this unit? Also, does the mod 22 not require inletting of my chassis?

Thanks,

John

Re: Info needed about CG Jackson trigger for 700

WTC,
I shot a rifle with a Jackson Trigger. I was told the trigger was adjustable in the fore-aft position. It was a nice trigger. I am no expert - I bought a used 700 that has a Jewell and that was the first time I heard of them. Lucky bit of ignorance as I am happy with it.
I have no idea on the stock question.

Yes, a mod22 CG Jackson will drop straight into an AICS stock and you can move the trigger shoe forward and backwards ~3/4 inch. This is exactly what I'm running at the moment and I love it.

As an aside, a CG mod 22 will NOT drop into a stock with Badger M5 bottom metal without modification because the trigger bar is too long.

Ratbert,

Thanks for the info, thats exactly what I needed to know. I guess you don't regret spending that much $$ on a trigger?

Worth every penny. I just hope you don't own too many rifles because you're gonna want it in all of em.

Unfortunately, I only own 1 bolt gun at the moment. This may be the deciding factor on whether or not I keep the AICS on the 700. Love the ergonomics of the stock itself, but have not been able to get used to where the trigger sits in the stock. Am hoping this works out, as I dont want to have to swap it out for a McMillan with bottom metal, inletting, etc.