• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Info needed on 308 load with TAC powder and 168gr BTHP

Jeffjoiner5

Private
Minuteman
Feb 8, 2014
St Marys, GA
Hey guys, I'm looking for anyone who has loaded the 168gr. BTHP using TAC powder to help me out. Looking for some chrono numbers to hopefully save me some time and money from loading a bunch of different powder charges to get to the most accurate load. I realize each rifle is different but would like to see what kind of number you guys were seeing with this combo. I have searched without much luck.

Only info I can find is on their website and the starting load is 39.4g for 2511fps and max load is 43.7g for 2730fps.

Thanks a ton fellas!

Jeff

I'm running the 168gr SMK with 42.0gr of TAC and have had good results. My average group is about .8 MOA through 3 different rifles; POF 14.5, Larue Ranger 14.5 and a Larue 16" OBR. I think I could push it faster but have found pretty decent accuracy at 42.0gr.

Hope that helps. Follow safe loading procedures. Start low and work up. These loads are safe in my rifles but YMMV.

ETA: COAL is 2.80