• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

info on magnum research 22 wmr rifle

Night Eagle

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 28, 2012
Texas
I am interested in obtaining one of these for my son for his 13th birthday. if anybody here has any good info on them, good or bad, it would be appreciated... ive been going through posts here, so specifically, are these things as reliable and accurate as a 10-22?

thanks in advance
night eagle

Last edited:
I have one. The rifle build is great, on par with a VQ. (I have a VQ in 17HMR). I have had some issues with my Mag. Research 22 WMR though. First off plan on swapping out the trigger group. It is as good as a stock Ruger trigger. Get a VQ or if you want the best get a Kidd. I have had issues with the gun having light firing pin strikes. I had to send the rifle back to Magnum Research because of the issue. It came back, granted they have great CS service and quick turn around, but the gun still had some issues with light firing pin strikes. More so with the Remington ammo, what is shoots best, then the CCI. The gun is accurate, not as much as my VQ but better then my stock 77/22. If you can get it for a decent price I would get it. I have one in 22LR also that shoots great and never had a problem with it at all.

I too had the light pin strikes, i modded the firing pin to allow it to travel ever so slightly further and it runs flawlessly now. Mine is the carbon fiber barrel and is my go to rifle for raccoons. I wish i had bought a brick of vmax ammo last year! It is my biggest money making gun i own, paid for itself in 2 years in fur $. I wish the stock had less drop to it because i shoot scoped and with the intergral scope rail, it puts my head a little too far off the stock.