• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Info on Tactical 308 build?

BePrepared

Private
Minuteman
Mar 10, 2009
huntsville tx.
i'm planning to buy a 308 and i'm considering the following.

Remington SPS tactical action
Macmillan A5 stock or B&C A5.

I'd like to know what you think of this build... anyone have one like it?

Re: Info on Tactical 308 build?

what you list is not a build......it a pile of fiberglass and metal....or in the case of the B&C a pile of foam to mimmick a canoe oar.....

so what is it perzackly that you wish to accomplish ?

More, or less?
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body">More, or less?
grin.gif
</div></div>

Well.......

In addition to the "Oar", I replaced the trigger with a Rifle Basix, bedded the action (thanks again 7mmRem and Scimitar), put a one piece Pic rail, Burris rings and a Burris tactical 4.5-14 scope on it, blackhawk stock pac, Harris pivoting 6-10 bipod (don't remember the model number), padded loop sling. I think that's it.

I need to go rowing now!
grin.gif

Get a Plaster special, it provides a more "sniperesque," Uber-tacticool, stealthy rowing function... LOL!!! But, the B&C may be used as a flotation device in case of emergency! LOL!!!

well, first of all, i'm looking for something that i can kill deer with, and take to the range with me. Second i NEED a vertical grip on any rifle i own due to a wrist fracture years ago.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wild Bill C</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Get a Plaster special, it provides a more "sniperesque," Uber-tacticool, stealthy rowing function... LOL!!! But, the B&C may be used as a flotation device in case of emergency! LOL!!! </div></div>

from what i hear plaster stocks are crappy, overly heavy, and not comfortable to shoot with

any opinions?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wild Bill C</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Get a Plaster special, it provides a more "sniperesque," Uber-tacticool, stealthy rowing function... LOL!!! But, the B&C may be used as a flotation device in case of emergency! LOL!!! </div></div>

Were you this salty with your students?

In my book, you could have 2 rifles that shoot the same, look the same, have all the same parts...

If one could be used as a precision boat paddle, I'de say thats a plus.