• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Info on vortex "pro series" rings

Chiavettas_Yum!

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Mar 24, 2018
This might be too early to ask, but is there any information out yet on the new pro series rings?

49705971_774046829600617_682672476034957312_n.jpg

I had the old style Pro Vortex rings and they are vertically split...like the new Pro rings better.

I just upgraded to Vortex Precision Matched and love 'em. Wish they'd have had the new Pro rings last year but, oh well.

VooDoo

Those look very similar to the Leupold steel rings...

Reactions: DODGER03
Those look very similar to the Leupold steel rings...
They're definitely not the Mark 4's. I use a pair of those and they have a single large hex nut on the side to clamp the the ring base onto the rail. I'd honestly prefer the pair of torx bolts over that system.

The ones I'm speaking of do NOT have a single hex. They have a double torx like those pictured, PRW is the model (I believe)

Oh, the PRW's. In that case I don't think it's quite like them, since the bases of the rings for the PRW only contain maybe 25% of the ring instead of being a 50/50 split like this one.

I get the impression these rings aren't just rebranded from another manufacturer like the precision matched rings being made by Seekins.

Reactions: vigildom7
Just wondering if anyone has tried these yet?
Not much info out there right now except a video from Vortex.

Any new info on these? @beretta_man11 how do you like them? Any loosening issues? The design of them looks extremely similar to the Seekins rings to me, especially the way they connect to the rail, but even how the top split clamps down. Looks like basically a Seekins ring with less material in the areas where Seekins are thick. Which is great for me because I love the Seekins design, nice and sleek, nothing sticks out to get hung up. They're so similar in my mind I actually wonder if Seekins is designing and building these for Vortex like they do the high end ones? Anyways, if anyone can confirm they don't loosen over time or have any other issues I'd love to hear about it. Thanks.

Reactions: Rusty Hindges
I've had 2 sets of the new horizontal split pro rings. I like them for the price. No issues here. And I have not lapped them.

I just recently used a set to mount a burris fulfield 2 on my 30-30.. i was impressed with the quality for the price. Seem to be well made.