• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

INFO REQUEST: SIG MCX Virtus LE Handguard Retaining Screw Specs

Joeg26er

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jul 26, 2018
INFO REQUEST: SIG MCX Virtus LE Handguard Retaining Screw Specs

Had to take off the hand guard to change the muzzle device. Used the Wheeler fat torque wrench to remove the screws using the Torx bit. The forward screw came out around 45inch lbs but the rearward one came out way under 45inch lbs.

Upon re-install at 40inch lbs, the forward torx installed just fine.

BUT the rearward one screwed in then the Torx splines stripped out at what felt like less than 30 in lbs. Now, I'll have to use an extractor if I want to replace it.

I know there are replacements available for about 18-$20 for the set with the retaining link. Also single screws for $6-8.
I'd like to know the exact specs of the screw so I can get a higher quality replacement.

Thanks for any help

I don't have any info on the screw specs, but you know that those screws aren't meant to be removed, correct? You just pop the receiver pin out and pull the handguard straight off.