• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

informal steel shoot

Advokaten

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 8, 2007
Malmö, Stockholm, Sweden, Europe
Took part of a informal steel shoot here in Sweden the past weekend,

we were about 20 or so shooters,

in the pics one can see my shooter, me being missing from the spotter side,

IMAG0435.jpg

IMAG0430.jpg

We were shooting at a 8x12 steel plate at 580 meters or 640 or so yards.

My shooting buddy also managed to take out this bowling pin on the first shot at the same distance,

IMAG0438-1.jpg

the conditions were trying at times, 1-4 m/s winds, snow and slate, about 1-3 degrees celcius, however we still had a great time shooting.

/Chris

Re: informal steel shoot

Wow, your friend is ugly!
grin.gif

I see he was shooting a short action, do you have many competitors shooting the 6.5x55?

Looks like a fun day....Can you give some info on your rifle

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fdkay</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow, your friend is ugly!
grin.gif

I see he was shooting a short action, do you have many competitors shooting the 6.5x55? </div></div>

fdkay- yeeeah your right, however looks are not everything, right?
wink.gif

Hmm trying to recall the line up, there was a lot of 308 Win, a few 30-06, one 222 Rem, one 7x64 Brenneke and then about 4-5 6,5x55,

had this been a more competion like deal had the number of 6,5:s come up a bit, this wa truly a bring what you got sort of shoot.

"Looks like a fun day....Can you give some info on your rifle"

That is not ny rifle, however it a Rem 700 SA, in 243 Win, a Krieger 1:8 twist barrel, 24 inches long, barrel is chamber by Jan Stenroos, rather well known rifle smith back here,

it has a Hansen DMB, made ny norweigian gun guru Hansen for AICS magazine, a roedale bolt knob, Atlas V8 bipod and a Manners stock in Desert Camo, we are shooting the 107 SMK and the 1045 A-max.

We both have ASE UTRA cans for our rifles however at this shoot his had been left behind at the rifle smiths place to be fitted on a new barrel.

Perhaps I should have mentioned that we managed to shoot within 1 MOA spread througout the day and at times we managed to shrink that down to less than 0,5 MOA spread for more than a few set of five rounds.

This was my first time behind my shooters rifle and I must say that the Manners thumbhole stock tracks like few others that I have shot,

damn that is good rifle.

Personaly I find that these informal steel shoots are some of the best training there is,

we were shooting down a gully, though a patch of wood and then up a clearing for the targets, at least three different wind zones to react to and even some up draft in the morning from the ground.

/Chris