• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Informed that Eform 4 wasn't actually certified 3 months ago, now FFL is unresponsive; Not sure how to proceed. Anyone had similar experience? Advice?

Captain_FP

Private
Minuteman
Jan 23, 2021
Pittsburgh, PA
((Not sure if this is the right spot for NFA process questions; didn't see a forum explicitly for that))

In early November, I purchased 3 suppressors, and had them sent to a local FFL, and went and did all the kiosk stuff via SilencerShop. Shortly thereafter, we got the "Ready to Certify" notification and did the remote session thing to click through the certifications.

On the third and final one, the system was spinning and saying "certification in process" or something like that (don't remember exactly), so the FFL told me that he would keep an eye on it and call me back if he needed anything else from me, since I had to get back to work. That was that.

Fast forward to last week, and I got an email from the FFL saying "we need to finish your certification, give me a call". Obviously confused, I called the shop, but the guy was out at the time. Asked to have him call me back, no call. Try again the next day, I just missed him. Ask them to call me back... This has gone on for over a week now, and I have not been able to get this process done. Last Saturday I finally got someone on the line who thought they could complete the process, and again got left on hold, didn't hear back before COB.

Is it possible that we completed the certifications back then and something screwed up on the ATF side? Of course. Is it likely that it didn't go through to begin with, and I had no way of knowing since Form 4's stay visible only under the dealer's account? I honesty don't know... But after finding out that I have wasted 3 months that I thought I was in the queue, all I want is to get the process done, and have been unable. I resorted yesterday to texting his cell (he offered me the number last time when we had issues with this process) and explained that I just wanted to make sure he was aware that I'd been trying to get ahold of him, and to let me know if there's a problem or if there's anything he needed from me to proceed. Nothing...

This bums me out and I want to give the guy the benefit of the doubt because I have had good experiences with him in the past, have even recommended the shop to friends etc. But at this point I don't know what I can do. This has added so much stress and frustration on top of that already inherent in the NFA process, especially navigating it for my first time. Or maybe I'm over-reacting...

Anybody with similar experiences? Or advice in these trying times? Lol. Cheers..

Last edited:
You should've received an email from [email protected] that your application was "submitted/in process", along with your control number upon certification, even though you can't see the app in your eforms account. I'd be pissed if I had waited 3 months already and nothing has been submitted.

Reactions: Arc Light
((Not sure if this is the right spot for NFA process questions; didn't see a forum explicitly for that))

In early November, I purchased 3 suppressors, and had them sent to a local FFL, and went and did all the kiosk stuff via SilencerShop. Shortly thereafter, we got the "Ready to Certify" notification and did the remote session thing to click through the certifications.

On the third and final one, the system was spinning and saying "certification in process" or something like that (don't remember exactly), so the FFL told me that he would keep an eye on it and call me back if he needed anything else from me, since I had to get back to work. That was that.

Fast forward to last week, and I got an email from the FFL saying "we need to finish your certification, give me a call". Obviously confused, I called the shop, but the guy was out at the time. Asked to have him call me back, no call. Try again the next day, I just missed him. Ask them to call me back... This has gone on for over a week now, and I have not been able to get this process done. Last Saturday I finally got someone on the line who thought they could complete the process, and again got left on hold, didn't hear back before COB.

Is it possible that we completed the certifications back then and something screwed up on the ATF side? Of course. Is it likely that it didn't go through to begin with, and I had no way of knowing since Form 4's stay visible only under the dealer's account? I honesty don't know... But after finding out that I have wasted 3 months that I thought I was in the queue, all I want is to get the process done, and have been unable. I resorted yesterday to texting his cell (he offered me the number last time when we had issues with this process) and explained that I just wanted to make sure he was aware that I'd been trying to get ahold of him, and to let me know if there's a problem or if there's anything he needed from me to proceed. Nothing...

This bums me out and I want to give the guy the benefit of the doubt because I have had good experiences with him in the past, have even recommended the shop to friends etc. But at this point I don't know what I can do. This has added so much stress and frustration on top of that already inherent in the NFA process, especially navigating it for my first time. Or maybe I'm over-reacting...

Anybody with similar experiences? Or advice in these trying times? Lol. Cheers..
Drive there and camp out until the guy shows up and talks to you.

You should've received an email from [email protected] that your application was "submitted/in process", along with your control number upon certification, even though you can't see the app in your eforms account. I'd be pissed if I had waited 3 months already and nothing has been submitted.
Yep, if you didn't get that email directly from the ATF, they weren't certified. I received both of mine within minutes of leaving my dealer.

Definitely time to stop calling/texting and walk into the shop. Assuming this shop has one guy that handles NFA items, find out when he is supposed to be there, and meet him at the shop.

Reactions: nikonNUT
Yep, if you didn't get that email directly from the ATF, they weren't certified. I received both of mine within minutes of leaving my dealer.
I had that e-mail before I walked out of the owners office. Definitely time for a face to face.

There is a reason that the mail direct option from a legit dealer is an attractive option.