• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes infrared Illuminators

RTH1800

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Sep 16, 2009
    Midwest
    What is the current thinking on infrared illuminators. What is best, what works, what is avaiable? What is cost effective? LEO stuff better? Just looking for some detail.
    Thank you
    RTH

Re: infrared Illuminators

I use the 'Torch' , from tnvc.com . While I think its over-priced and from China , it does the job better than my Surefire rail-mounts with the IR-filter . It boosts my PVS-4 to GEN-III - like performance . It does wonders for GEN-III stuff on dark nights . The battery life is good . The usable range is at least 100 yards . It will make animal eyes 'shine' without spooking them . Victor has a very good reputation , and I'm sure he would sell them for less if he could ...

Take a look at the SureFire V series of lights. They are putting off between 100-150 yards of IR light and you can rotate the bezel and then they are 150 lumens of white light.

Thank you for the input. Are there any out there for long range? Or is 150 about it?

The Da Torch is effective past 100yds. Hell, I can illuminate a tree line roughly 800yds away.

Get the torch, it's well worth it. You can adjust the beam size as well.

Vampire from Surefire a great light at 150 yards. TNVC IR torch at 500 yards +....And NO not made in China!!! :)