• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ingenuity Precision trickler

I'm a recovering whine-aholic regarding my extended wait on the trickler. Came back here to say that now that I have the trickler, it is incredible, as everyone has commented. Keep up the good work, Paul. Looking forward to the complete system, whenever it's ready.

Meanwhile, somewhere in Utah…

I call it the “Primitive Precision” full system
IMG_5804.jpeg

Reactions: LR1845 and Jrb572
Every one is spot on or else I lick them out of the cup with my lizard tongue, and trickle another one on till it's perfect. My wife says it’s good practice for the delicate motions

Last edited:
I received my trickler today, got it all setup and tested a bunch of throws. It is infinitely better than the v3 trickler. I’ll be doing a bunch of reloading this weekend to really see how it works over a few hundred rounds.

I feel like i lucked into buying at the right time, but from purchase to delivered was less then 1 week.

Reactions: K80/6.5
The Powder System page was recently updated:

This is a no obligation preorder. You will get an order number and when they are ready to ship your payment notification will go out in the order they were received. The current estimate for shipping is late summer as the first batch has already been reserved. I will try to keep everyone updated for ship dates on our Facebook page as we get closer.

To me it sounds like a shipping date in May/June for the first round of preorders since the estimate for the second round is late Summer.

Last edited:
People in here complaining about 3 months on a product when people prepaid the ponzi company without warning, who hasnt released their brakes in over a year, and thr product they paid for doesnt even exist anymore and he changed it to a dildo.
yeah, if he doesn’t deliver in the next month I don’t think it will be possible for that companies image to ever recover. He is posting more finished parts now at least and Is delivering brakes to those that preordered a year ago vs new orders.

I Sent an email asking about when it was shipping. I was told and if I understood it correctly as long as it was ordered before last month and expected to ship in June.

For ease they should post it on their site and facebook. I think it would keep most but not everyone from sending them an email

Reactions: Jcarpenter223
Thank You I appreciate you taking time to let me know. That is good news as far as I am concerned. Order in late December .

So placed the order to get on the list on April 19th received email for payment today really pumped to not having to wait long! This is for the V3 setup by the way.

Reactions: Jrb572
So placed the order to get on the list on April 19th received email for payment today really pumped to not having to wait long! This is for the V3 setup by the way.
You're talking about just the trickler right?

Yes just the trickler to go with my V3 setup.
There's a bunch of people waiting for the entire system to drop. You're playing with people's emotions.

MRE trading rules in the patrol base apply. Don't yell out, "Peanut Butter" if you want peanut butter. You have to clearly state, "I have cheese; want peanut butter". That shit will start a fist fight in mountain phase. Also, don't say cut-away unless you want someone to cut-away in a mid air entanglement.

There's a bunch of people waiting for the entire system to drop. You're playing with people's emotions.

MRE trading rules in the patrol base apply. Don't yell out, "Peanut Butter" if you want peanut butter. You have to clearly state, "I have cheese; want peanut butter". That shit will start a fist fight in mountain phase. Also, don't say cut-away unless you want someone to cut-away in a mid air entanglement.
Well if you would have read my post in my defense I put for the V3 system. Sorry I ruined your day but I did just get confirmation on shipping so mine keeps getting better haha.

I will say this in seriousness. I just had to replace the motor on my IP Trickler. It was the original motor from the original run of auto tricklers. I had already run through a cable a couple of years ago; just got brittle and dry. MacDonald has them still on his website as replacement parts. Took about two weeks to get and shipping costs as much as the motor. $17+$15. It's probably worth stocking up on a spare motor and cable. Luckily I have a V4 as well so it didn't stop my ability to load ammo. If I had done some more research I could probably just find that motor on Amazon but I was lazy. Just do your self a favor and prepurchase a spare so there's no down time if you have to swap them out.

Reactions: patriotnation
I will say this in seriousness. I just had to replace the motor on my IP Trickler. It was the original motor from the original run of auto tricklers. I had already run through a cable a couple of years ago; just got brittle and dry. MacDonald has them still on his website as replacement parts. Took about two weeks to get and shipping costs as much as the motor. $17+$15. It's probably worth stocking up on a spare motor and cable. Luckily I have a V4 as well so it didn't stop my ability to load ammo. If I had done some more research I could probably just find that motor on Amazon but I was lazy. Just do your self a favor and prepurchase a spare so there's no down time if you have to swap them out.
Thank you I was just about to order new cables will add a motor as well.

Reactions: JR1200W3
Does anyone happen to know the Allen screw size for this bolt?

1000011888.jpg

My trickler developed a "stutter", it jostles back and forth rather then rotating 360°. I think a kernel of H4350 made it's way in there to jam it up.

View attachment 8403488

My trickler developed a "stutter", it jostles back and forth rather then rotating 360°. I think a kernel of H4350 made it's way in there to jam it up.
Order a motor now. That's what mine was doing when the motor went out. It was intermittent at first. I thought there was a powder kernel in the works. Zane I thought the little brown rubber ring was shredding itself. And then I thought that screw was loose. But it was the motor going bad.

Order a motor now. That's what mine was doing when the motor went out. It was intermittent at first. I thought there was a powder kernel in the works. Zane I thought the little brown rubber ring was shredding itself. And then I thought that screw was loose. But it was the motor going bad.

Damn, good to know. Bummer.

Where did you order your new stepper motor from?

Damn, good to know. Bummer.

Where did you order your new stepper motor from?
Ingenuity has em , mcdondald has em, and you can get em on Amazon too. I keep a spare and a spare wire harness. Haven't had to replace my V3 stuff yet but it's just a good idea to have spares when they are cheap parts

I think that screw is a 1/16" allen key.

Before you buy a motor, try swapping the cables around and see if the problem follows.

Swapped cable around (the only way it can be swapped), and no changes.

... I may have articulated that poorly. I meant to convey
Swap the cables around between the thrower and the tricker, to see if the stutter problem follows to the thrower.

If you already did that, then, yup, sounds like time to hit amazon for a new motor.

... I may have articulated that poorly. I meant to convey
Swap the cables around between the thrower and the tricker, to see if the stutter problem follows to the thrower.

If you already did that, then, yup, sounds like time to hit amazon for a new motor.

Okay, I see what you mean. That makes more sense. Just tried it, no bueno.

Looks like its time for a new motor.

Anyone have any issues with RL16 metering through the trickler? I’ve tried both the recommended plates and still get a kernel every 10-15 throws jammed the plate to the point it locks up and won’t rotate. No issues with varget, h4350 or h4895 but rl 16 is giving me trouble

Last edited:
Anyone have any issues with RL16 metering through the trickler? I’ve tried both the recommended plates and still get a kernel every 10-15 throws jamb the plate to the point it locks up and won’t rotate. No issues with varget, h4350 or h4895 but rl 16 is giving me trouble
Have you got the little circle thing the right way?

Okay, I see what you mean. That makes more sense. Just tried it, no bueno.

Looks like its time for a new motor.
My main powder dump shutters sometimes unplug and move wires around a little unusually starts to work fine after doing that 2-3 times then works perfect the rest of the session. I just ordered new wires and a motor. Would like to find parts on Amazon eventually for faster shipping.

Reactions: kthomas
Anyone have any issues with RL16 metering through the trickler? I’ve tried both the recommended plates and still get a kernel every 10-15 throws jamb the plate to the point it locks up and won’t rotate. No issues with varget, h4350 or h4895 but rl 16 is giving me trouble
Not with RL16, but N160 will do that on me occasionally, even with the right disc and wiper the right way.

I think it’s the occasional oddly shaped kernel, although I never looked too closely. I just pull the motor arm away and give the trickler a quick hand spin either forwards or back to clear it.

Reactions: secondofangle2
Not with RL16, but N160 will do that on me occasionally, even with the right disc and wiper the right way.

I think it’s the occasional oddly shaped kernel, although I never looked too closely. I just pull the motor arm away and give the trickler a quick hand spin either forwards or back to clear it.
That’s what I’ve been doing

I believe so, mine is different than the one on the instructional videos, but the notch is facing the direction the disk is rotating
I will look at mine when I get home. I marked mine so I can make sure I get it the right way per disk that's in it. Another thing that I did is added a piece of metal (like a metal wire but rigid and steel).

There's a video that F class John did about putting a spring inside the wiper tube on top of the ball bearing that is inside of it. I didn't have nor order a correctly sized spring so I just cut a piece of this stuff ( it's actually an insulation spike used to hold batt insulation in the wall or ceiling that I keep in my load room for when I need to reach in something like a case or inside a crack in a machine ect). I cut a piece about 1.25" long just to have a little weight on top of that ball bearing to make it more defined when I want to just turn it one click by hand to release a single kernel.

I don't know but maybe that would help out the situation you have with RL 16???

I'd try the circle piece and see if changing it to the other hole helped too and make sure the bottom of the wiper is very clean.

Reactions: codym
…did you sharpie the powders that go with the disc, on the disc?
That is brilliant and I wish I had thought to do that to mine sooner.
Yeah. I like labeling stuff so I don't screw it up. I only use like 4 powders and 2 of em are ball so I didn't need to write some of the others but I did write some that might use one day. I strongly consider sidered taking them to my buddies shop to have the whole list laser done on them so it would be neat and I could get a solid list typed on them but I figures that was over kill.....

That should be right then. Which disk are you using?
There’s two listed for rl16 tried both similar issues with both. Like I said no issues with varget h4350 and h4895 kind of a bumme. I’m worried it’s gonna fry the stepper motor getting stuck like that. I know they are cheap but not something I want to keep replacing.

There’s two listed for rl16 tried both similar issues with both. Like I said no issues with varget h4350 and h4895 kind of a bumme. I’m worried it’s gonna fry the stepper motor getting stuck like that. I know they are cheap but not something I want to keep replacing.
Well you might want to just call Paul or send him an email and see what he says about it.

Reactions: secondofangle2
Anyone have any issues with RL16 metering through the trickler? I’ve tried both the recommended plates and still get a kernel every 10-15 throws jammed the plate to the point it locks up and won’t rotate. No issues with varget, h4350 or h4895 but rl 16 is giving me trouble
Most of the RL line of powders will cause this issue due to the kernels not being consistent in length like Hodgdons line of powders.