• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Reloading Equipment Ingenuity trickler lid!

Sprayed99

WJK 4-9-18
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jan 9, 2012
    DFW TX
    First off if this is in violation let me know.

A good friend and his family were over this weekend and the guys were complaining about the tricklers if you over fill them and that they also are open to the elements if powder is left in them …well the ladies had an idea and it works! His daughter and wife are making these. They are 23.50 shipped each or 2 for 43.50. If you want one shoot them an email at [email protected]

They are made of Acrylic and fit pretty snug where you can now actually put a decent amount of powder in the trickler.

Attachments

• IMG_8120.jpeg
      IMG_8120.jpeg
      375.6 KB · Views: 224
    Last edited:
    Does this slip over or do you have to take trickler apart to remove lid

Nice. I love watching innovation.

From looking at that picture, it looks like powder bounce out of the cup is a real problem with these units. I don’t have a dropper yet, so I have no personal experience with that; still using my RCBS manual dropper. I do have the FX-120i scale and IG trickler and have resorted to using a kitchen silicon 1 cup measuring cup to trickle into to control the bounce out of the cup. I had to use a graphite/molly hobbie dry lube to coat the inside of the cup so the powder flows out of it without sticking. It works, but I’m hoping someone will come up with a better way of doing this to control powder bounce spillage.

I think this is a great idea but your scale with all that powder on it is giving me anxiety.
    From looking at that picture, it looks like powder bounce out of the cup is a real problem with these units.
    I have a V4 and have very minimal issues with powder coming out of the cup. I do also use the Area 419 cup but I don't have their platen, I will say it took some fine tuning to get the cup in the exact spot so it isn't an issue but that was minor. I can't speak to these older versions but I can't see it being as bad as depicted here since so many people love them, I wonder if he didn't turn the trickler on by accident with the cup off and just didn't clean it up yet.

Reactions: KYAggie
    I see no need for a cover, takes to long to take the thing off for a refill. I just dump the charge from the cup into the ingenuity when needed, every 20 cycles or so. Just don’t overfill it and you’ll have no spill.