• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Initial Range report on B14HMR 6.5 upgraded with KRG X-Ray Chassis

eugevita

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jun 10, 2020
Since I posted a thread on here recently looking for advice on the KRG X-Ray chassis to potentially replace my HMR stock I thought I would update you on my experience now that I have purchased the chassis and installed/shot with it yesterday.

Overall: Very happy, ergonomics are excellent and it is an improvement for sure over the B14 HMR factory stock which is still an excellent stock though not as adjustable. This stock also feels lighter compared to the B14 factory stock.

Ordering: Fast and Easy, mil discount from KRG is a plus!

Install: Easy, instructions make sense, and generally intuitive. AICS pmag worked without fitment, original bergara mag also works in this chassis.

Overall Feel/Quality assessment: From first impressions and firing about 80 rounds yesterday I can only say good things for the price point.

Ergonomics/Shooting experience when compared to the B14 HMR factory stock: For me it felt a lot better. I really like that you can cant the butt pad to your liking and that both the pad and comb are easily adjustable without tools. Like the HMR stock KRG includes some LOP spacers, I am not very tall and hence only used one. I like the pistol grip on this chassis for me it allows me to control the gun better. Only thing that gives me some slight pause is there is nowhere on this stock to hook your supporting hand underneath with a rear bag, this was not a big deal but we did notice it. Overall I really like the chassis thus far and have already felt the improvement in the shooting experience as it has definitely increased my ability to stay on the gun.

Attachments

• IMG-3147.jpg
    IMG-3147.jpg
    735.8 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG-3165.JPG
    IMG-3165.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 136
  • IMG-3166.JPG
    IMG-3166.JPG
    827.3 KB · Views: 155
Great detail. How's it going?

I am still a big fan of the KRG Xray. The begara HMR was great but I upgraded to an origin with proof barrel which now sit in the Xray. The xray is well priced for what it offers, i like the lighter weight, and the modularity of the chassis is great!