• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

inletting a choate ultimate sniper stock

Pritch

Private
Minuteman
Dec 19, 2010
hey all this is my first post and i am wondering on how to attach bottom metal to a choate ultimate sniper stock to facilitate a detachable magazine assembly.

The rifle i purchased is a remington 700 sps Short Action, 24 inch barrel 1 in 10 inch twist rate, Xmark pro trigger with an internal magazine system.

The Stock I purchased was an ultimate sniper stock that has a blank magazine well (hollowed out rectangular gap for internal mag)

concerns i have currently:
will inletting weaken this particular stock?

what types of bottom metal can i install?

any feedback is appreciated
laugh.gif

Re: inletting a choate ultimate sniper stock

I talked to SSS about installing a DBM and Frank said the trigger guard attaching straight to the handle means putting a DBM on would be very difficult.

So I ordered an XLR Industry stock instead which comes with the ability to use magazines out of the box. Will have to say goodbye to my Ultimate Sniper which has served me well for years.

Personally, I would just use it the way it is for now. As you learn more you'll shit-can that stock so why waste money on it.

PS: I took the high road here since you're new. Some may not be so nice...

which is fair enough i got it shooting a standard deviation of around 10 fps and humping 155gr sierras at 2900 fps and i was just seeing if it was an option the other deal is i would have to make a shorter OAL to make it shoot with a mag nicely in that action dont like deformed tips (stuffs up the bc)
laugh.gif

and oneshot i was only seeing about what i could do to increase the rate of fire if i ever required it and it was only a 330 dollar AUS stock joys of budgets but i had that 155gr keyholing at 300 yards
laugh.gif

Sorry to sound a little snob-ish but those stocks don't have a great reputation or following around here. By the term "key-holing" I assume you mean it's extremely accurate. Fantastic! I'm used to that term meaning the bullets are tumbling thru the target sideways! LOL

Sounds like you know what you're doing so I'll stop being a jerk.

all good one shot been shootin since i was like 5 and got into smallbore precision shooting when i was 16 and went over to the states and shot on the laramie team in wyoming, just recently upgraded to heavier calibres and have my Remington which the justification of the stock was it had all of what i needed and that was pretty much free floated the barrel by using the aluminium blocks that where there for the action, i built my rifle for 2800 dollars and that was using the stock a harris bipod 6-9 for rings i went with some max 50 badger ordinance mounted via a 40 moa rail using a night eater scope 4-16 power it was made to do range and feild the idea being i could walk out with my rifle slung while tapping rabbits off using subsonic .22 cal then settling on a ridge and taking out larger game from there out to 800 yds

the ladder testing i did was quite good to get really excellent groups and tune the round to the barrel via harmonics started at 44 gr and progressed up to 47.5 and got lucky that the best frequency was at 47.1 which was great all the rounds virtually touching just stringing horizontally cos i wasn't watching wind at all just checking for vertical movement maybe with a bit more work i could tighten it down but my mate said leave it u shouldn't be able to group that well off a harris so that was the end of that
laugh.gif