• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Inletting a Manners MCS-T for a CZ 455?

BenY 2013

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 23, 2012
SW Arkansas
Considering getting a flat top Manners MCS-T and having it inletted for a CZ 455. Anybody know if it's possible or of anyone who is willing to do it? I was thinking about sending the project to Chad at LRI surely he could figure it out. Curious if there are any others, hoping to use some tax return money on this project. I know they offer the T4 inlet but I've never been a fan of the T4. I want a more "hunting" style stock. I would look at the McM M40A22 but something about the Manners is far more interesting. Thanks

Ben

The problem with a standard stock is the depth (height from trigger guard to top of action) is to tall for the 455 action. This is why stock manufacturers have specific molds for this type of receiver.

Another option is this one from McMillan.

CZ M40A22

The problem with a standard stock is the depth (height from trigger guard to top of action) is to tall for the 455 action. This is why stock manufacturers have specific molds for this type of receiver.

Another option is this one from McMillan.

CZ M40A22

I seem to recall reading this somewhere. Is it not possible to "shave" the top of the stock down decreasing the depth? Probably just more trouble than it would be worth. Might be best to just go with McM.

Ben

I just took an M700 tang profile T4A folder and rebuilt the ass end to accept a T3 Tikka and the oem plastic DBM from Tikka as well.

A little work, not too big a deal.

It's just a matter of getting it to present right and accepting that it will cost more than a cookie cutter setup that is off the shelf ready. -how bad do you want it? . . .

C.

I want it bad, I don't know if I can justify that on a 455 however... I appreciate the reply!

Ben

Is the T4 a lower profile than the other Manners stocks? Why not have Manners inlet the stock for you, unless they can't do to their contract with CZ. Call and ask...

Is the T4 a lower profile than the other Manners stocks? Why not have Manners inlet the stock for you, unless they can't do to their contract with CZ. Call and ask...

I believe I've asked in the past and the answer from them was no. Would imagine they're too busy to do a one off anyhow..

Ben