• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Input for Red-Dot on FNP Tactical

k7714

Private
Minuteman
Feb 4, 2008
South West, FL
My father just purchased a FNP tactical and would like to mount a red dot type optic. I would like to get some input on what people would run on a pistol. I have looked online a bit and gotten no where.

I've never run a red dot type optic on a pistol. So far he has looked at Trijicon, Leupold and Insight. I like the idea of the Trijicon RMR that doesn't need batteries.

Batteries vs. Non?
MOA size?
Durability of the Brands?

Thanks for any help fella's

Kevin

Re: Input for Red-Dot on FNP Tactical

I have the same pistol and will be running the RMR 7moa dot on it. Looked at the other ones and also have a burris speed dot and not to impressed with it. Along with the RMR I will be getting a suppressor as well. Still havent made up my mind on going gemtech or aac.

Re: Input for Red-Dot on FNP Tactical

A local store had one with a Trijicon RMR mounted right after the gun came out. I handled it and it seemed nice, but I can't remember the dot size for sure. Given the choices you listed I'd go with the Trijicon given my past experience with them.

Try the Trijicon

I put together two FNP Tacs., one with a Leupold Delta Point and the other with the Trijicon RMR. The Trijicon is much better. The Leupold must be removed to make adjustments, and the Delta Point seemed blurry to both myself and the customer. The Delta point ended up on a Smith .500, where it seems a better fit.