• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Input on Christensen Arms Mesa

usmcdjb

Private
Minuteman
Dec 28, 2010
Indiana
I tend to be more of a collector than shooter (or anything really). So right up front this isn't something I need. I more tend to look for deals.

Came across a new Christensen Arms Mesa in 6.5CM. Started doing some research online, but thought maybe someone would have thoughts or info.

First, the bottom metal has the CA logo. Not the word spelled out. Tends to make me think this is an older model. That thinking sound?

Then, the cost is about $400 lower than I see it listed anywhere. There lies my thought that it's a deal. But maybe this is an indication it is an older model as well.

So foregoing the fact that I don't need it, will likely not use it much if any, think it's an older model? Any issues I should be aware of?

Thanks for any help.

I have an older (2018/2019) Ridgeline in .280 Ackley that was still brand new on the shelf at my local store. I bought it last year (2022) in September when they were running their $300 rebate special. With handloads it shoots 1/4-1/3 MOA.

I currently have 5 CA rifles, all with carbon barrels... No issues. All shoot phenomenally (sub-1/2 MOA).

I don't have any experience with their solid steel barrels, but I can tell you that their actions are quality (and will be good bases for custom builds if you rebarrel later), and the fact it comes with a TriggerTech from the factory is nice.

I would probably collect an old Winchester or R700 before a Christianson. They’re hot garbage. But if your sole purpose is to just stare at it and not shoot it, that would fit the bill nicely since you have a pretty high chance it won’t shoot worth a shit anyways.