• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Training Courses Input on GPS Defense?

Frank,

I believe that review you're referring to was when they were still with McMillian. I saw it as well and hesitated before I signed up, but decided to go with them in the end.

I went for the sniper/counter-sniper in 2010, and had a really good time. Facilities there certainly aren't very fancy, but the instruction was excellent. The school was pretty good at giving you exactly what you need to know to get the job done and eliminating the stuff that wasn't essential.

I went back for the advanced sniper and sniper instructor development in 2011. There were different instructors for these courses, and I didn't feel the quality of instruction was quite as good as before. There also seemed to be a "disconnect" (for a lack of a better word) between when I had taken the basic course and the advanced, and some things weren't covered for me. This might have been different if I had taken all of the courses in one trip (which I think is how the school intends you to do it).

Overall, if you're someone that had very little experience with a precision rifle and had never taken a shot over 100 yds (like myself before I took the course) I think you'll get a lot out of it. You spend a lot more time shooting that you do in the classroom talking, which was a big plus for me. In the end, the course had me getting consistent hits on steel at 300-700 yards, and I was even able to get some good hits on steel at 1200 yards. If you already have some decent experience with a rifle, I'm not sure this school will be able to offer you much more than you already know.

That sucks...this school is literally about 15 minutes down the road from me and I was planning on getting some buddies together and go, now maybe not so much.

Galaxy S3 via tapatalk v4 Beta