• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Input pls, scope upgrade time

Jedi

Team AndiCapp
Minuteman
Dec 10, 2003
Mountains
Do the people from whom you are requesting input know your intended use? The rifle you intend to put it on?

Rig in question, 6.5x47

right now its a toss up between the Kahles or Vortex

Love the tubegun, looks like a Mutant action?

I have several Kahles with the MSR and I think its a hard scope to beat. I haven't owned anything from Vortex but I have my eye on the new 4.5-27. I have really enjoyed my Kahles scopes and feel they would serve your well!

Pat
Correct the action is a Defiant Mutant, Its my 4th Defiant action. Needless to say i have very high opinion of them.
Thinking its a toss up between the Kahles and Vortex, which ever i can get best deal on will reside on rig.

The chassis is an Eliseo RTS, can not say enuff good things about it.
Unlike most chassis systems the action is fully enclosed vs just sitting on top of chassis, 360' recoil lug
The fit with the mutant is just perfect, still the mutant was made specifically for this chassis. The two look like a single unit fit wise.
You can not go wrong with one of Gary's chassis, IMHO they are the standard all others strive to better.