• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

INSANITY

Re: INSANITY

I have heard that it is pretty kick ass workout. Have not tried it yet but I know others that use it routinely. I think the label that put out P90X was involved in this one too.

I have read that it is hard on the knees, after last January's surgery I need (pun not intended) to b e careful. I am htinking of buying it. Thoughts?

Its very tough! I did P90X 3 times and was able to do every bit of every work out killing myself. I took two weeks off and started Insanity, I thought I was going to die! It kicked my ass, I could hardly walk after the Plyo-cardio workout.
There is a lot of jumping, and it is kind of hard on your knees, but it is exactly what I wanted.

both P90X and Insanity along with countless other Workout DVD's are put out by Beach Body.
It is very hard on the joints and me being 280 had a hard time with the first month (to say the least) but it does work very well
My legs felt more powerful and the added cardio is a great benefit
I have a friend who is a fitness nut and works out all the time, he was keeping up pretty good for the most part, were as I was taking breaks left and right.
Shaun T. talks about himself in the third person which is usually annoying but actually quite funny for some reason.
of course after the 1st month I rolled my ankle and pulled some ligament and tendons so I have taken a 3 month hiatus from anything until this week.
I thought we were going to be lifting (which I like cause it envoles almost no cardio for my fat butt) But nooooooooooooo
We started the week with P90X (my workout partner is in the 3rd month) and once u fast forward through all of his talking(man does Tony Horton talk ALOT) it was pretty quick. very fast paced but extremely effective.
today we busted out Insanity and it was rough, but I liked it.
It makes me sweat and huff and puff but I know its working.
now if I can just get this eating thing down I might loose some weight.
sorry for my rambling on.
Sean

I am into the second half of P90X Insanity and am very happy with the results. Never did the other P90X programs but have been told it would have made the Insanity program a little easier in the beginning. It kicked my ass the first week but I am doing a lot better now. If the P90X guy is that annoying just turn down the volume, it works the same either way. Excellent series in my opinion.
I have lost 17 lbs. so far.

Insanity has been awesome. I travel 4 days a week and need something I can do in the hotel room. I carry a monitor cable in my bag to hook up to the TV. I've dropped about 15 lbs (although 2/3 of it muscle) and just feel better.

I've been working out for about 15 years - football, track, hockey, etc and I don't know of a better, more compact and effective 30-45 minute workout.

It is tough to stick with it, but if I am going to work out at all, this is one of few options for me (alternatives include 1/4 mile sprints on the treadmill followed by 50 pushups, sprint, 50 lat pull downs, sprint, 50 situps, sprint, 50 squats). Jump rope / push up combinations also work.

I got insanity. Did it for a little while. It is definitely a good idea to be in already descant shape. Otherwise, you won't be moving for about 4 days after the first workout.

I like it a lot, never realized that I would enjoy working out at home more then the gym.