• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Insert surprised face here

Rthur

Philomath
Minuteman
  • Apr 16, 2010
    Not Chicago, Illinios
    Strange how the rules are different for the wealthy/political rubes.

R

What does a DUI cost the average Joe now $15K? Even if you aren't convicted it stays on your driving record.

Reactions: diverdon
    Shit, my buddy is going through it all right now. The first one cost more than that and he had 30 days in jail and 60 home arrest, intensive outpatient alcohol treatment that lasted 3 months, a fine, has a "blow and go" (a breathalyzer built into his car) for 2 years and that's not all. Not long after that he got a second (he was FUCKED UP during this time, serious family problems, etc.). That one wound up with the same jail sentence, probation for five years, 2 of it supervised, a $5000 fine, loss of DL for 2 years, blow and go for another 3 after that, another 60 days house arrest.

He got 'em both back to back and then waited over a year to go to court on the first one, now has his shit together and is doing well, NOW they just hit him with the second one yesterday, which derailed all his progress, prevents him from getting a job now, has to wait to go to jail (can't even get that out of the way yet) and it's just a fucking mess. He is/was doing AA daily and really taking his recovery seriously. It's been a year. They are NOT helping, I can tell you that much 1st hand (or 2nd if you will). IMO, based on how long they waited and how well he's doing, they should have just thrown it out --unless recovery and doing better isn't the objective.

He had a job before the judge made him do all this shit...

I don't know what the penalty should be but it's apparent this is too fucking much and it's also apparent that what is good for goose is good for gander.

But this is America today, dual standards and heavy handed laws, more and more laws, stacking of laws, illegal this, banned that...

Strange how the rules are different for the wealthy/political rubes.
    Yeah!! I can't get an Jeep commercial contract for love or money. Just not fair! haha joking

Did you really think he would be treated like the rest of us?

It's a money machine for most places. Friend's son got a DUI with his GA license while going to school in FL.

Did the fines, suspension, school, etc. GA advised if he ever moved back, they would make him repeat, as he was DUI on "their" license. He lives in FL now, full time, and my friend moved down to be close to the grandson.

1614262393176.png

Yesterday....endorsing reparations.

.....and what dudes cross their legs. I dont even think I can do it. You have to have spaghetti legs, and no nut sack, to do it.

Last edited:
    What does a DUI cost the average Joe now $15K? Even if you aren't convicted it stays on your driving record.

Cost me around 2-3k in 2012. 3 days in a hotel and a class where I watched "when a man loves a woman"....thinking back I should have chosen jail.

Punishment for DUI may seem harsh but do try explaining that to Daniel Kirste. (The driver that killed Daniel was so drunk, he has no memory of the accident.)

Daniel Lee Arthur Kirste of Antioch Funeral services for Daniel Lee Arthur Kirste, 20, will be held at 11 a.m. Friday, at the Strang Funeral Home of Antioch, 1055 Maim St. (Route 83), Antioch, with the Rev. John Holm, officiating. Interment will be in Hillside Cemetery, Antioch. Visitation will be from 4 until 8 p.m. Thursday, at the funeral home. Born May 8, 1985 in Lake Forest, the son of Mark and Debra (nee Arteman) Kirste, he passed away suddenly, Sunday Dec. 18, 2005, from injuries received from an auto ”accident.”
    617D25FB-590F-4B68-873E-C7A963F9CB34.jpeg

Reactions: Sniperwannabee
    I read somewhere that his blood alcohol was only 0.02. I don’t like the guy but that’s not drunk.

Anybody seen anything different?

Reactions: Charger442
    I read somewhere that his blood alcohol was only 0.02. I don’t like the guy but that’s not drunk.

Anybody seen anything different?
    Maybe.
    The question is if Joe Q Public had been caught at that level would he receive
    Such a light sentence?
    A farcical judicial system has favorites.
    One used to have to look to corrupt 3rd world countries to see this.
    Not anymore.

R

Maybe.
    The question is if Joe Q Public had been caught at that level would he receive
    Such a light sentence?
    A farcical judicial system has favorites.
    One used to have to look to corrupt 3rd world countries to see this.
    Not anymore.

R
    There is not equal justice for all.
    If he was really only 0.02 then the DUI charge was BS even if he is a privileged prick.

Something to remember.

This was a Bullshit charge from the get go.

Most likely the cop was on a power trip and wanted to show off his "power"

The guy was way under the legal limit to drive.

But nope, power tripping cop wanted to have his day in the spotlight and brag to his buddies.

The judge did the right thing and tossed it out.
    The police officer should be fined all the court costs for a false charge.

Hate on a liberal all you want and sure revel in the mad hysteria that the idiot asses of those MADD folks whip up, where they actually don't want people to drive safely or get a ride, they just want more numbers of harsh punishment.... BUT stop for a moment and think.
    The government wrote a law with very explicit numbers and amounts.
    The guy was well within the law
    Police still decided to try to ruin his life and file false charges....

What if it had not been someone who could afford a good lawyer?

If you keep giving the police a free pass for brutality, lying, oppression and false charges, don't think that it won't come back to bite you hard one day.

You'll also notice the police officer also charged him with having a drink while in a federal park which is a B.S. law, but no record of any charges for those who were serving the drinks and carrying the bottles around and drinking themselves.... probably because they were nobodies.

Bad cop just wanted to be on a power trip and brag to his corrupt buddies.

Now back to the regular scheduled hating on entitled liberal jerks.

Reactions: 308pirate
    people that still drink and drive need to be prosecuted to the fullest extent possible.. .are you that stupid you cant plan ahead or call a friend,taxi,uber, lift... to many innocent lives have been lost due to stupid ignorant selfish people

Reactions: Mwalex
    Our county prosecutor was arrested for speeding and DUI.

Now, it seems to have gone away, nothing can be found.

• Wow
    Reactions: Sniperwannabee
    If he was really only 0.02 then the DUI charge was BS even if he is a privileged prick.
    Pure speculation at this point.
    I don't think the state would charge him knowing who he was if it was questionable.
    A perfect news story to absolve the system that favors.

R

Reactions: Mwalex
    Agree.

While the wealthy can absolutely buy their way out of charges, there's no way anyone would have been found guilty of DUI in this case.

Not even in NJ...

Pure speculation at this point.
    I don't think the state would charge him knowing who he was if it was questionable.
    A perfect news story to absolve the system that favors.

R

I'd disagree.

I have first hand experience from helping family members with similar situations.
    The Police WILL be happy to be evil bastards and charge you even though it's clear as day you are not breaking the law.
    The heel clicking ADA will be happy to file formal charges even though the paperwork clearly lists you are innocent and even their own complaint shows it.
    Have a good well paid lawyer bring it up to the judge and it gets dismissed instantly.

Still had to pay many thousands of dollars to get all resolved and records cleared.
    When they had done NOTHING illegal!!!!

Small dicked Asian asshole police just wanted to brutalize some white woman to show his "power".

so YES they will try their best to gang up on you and charge you even if they know well and good it is totally a lie.

They do it because those who can't afford a good lawyer can get railroaded into being slaves to the state and being fleeced for everything they can even though they are innocent.

Time to bring back proper justice.
    You file false charges, you get hit with those same charges and you pay all the victim's costs.

I'd disagree.

I have first hand experience from helping family members with similar situations.
    The Police WILL be happy to be evil bastards and charge you even though it's clear as day you are not breaking the law.
    The heel clicking ADA will be happy to file formal charges even though the paperwork clearly lists you are innocent and even their own complaint shows it.
    Have a good well paid lawyer bring it up to the judge and it gets dismissed instantly.

Still had to pay many thousands of dollars to get all resolved and records cleared.
    When they had done NOTHING illegal!!!!

Small dicked Asian asshole police just wanted to brutalize some white woman to show his "power".

so YES they will try their best to gang up on you and charge you even if they know well and good it is totally a lie.

They do it because those who can't afford a good lawyer can get railroaded into being slaves to the state and being fleeced for everything they can even though they are innocent.

Time to bring back proper justice.
    You file false charges, you get hit with those same charges and you pay all the victim's costs.
    I know of similar situations.
    I have yet to see it happen to favored celebrities.
    His lawyers would have a field day.

R

Reactions: W54/XM-388
    Well.

I think Police arrest and charge.
    Then charges are dropped once the DA looks at it and realizes its wrong, or no way to convict.

also, if they did breathalyzer, but arrested anyways (they can based on “expert opinion” and roadside sobriety), then did blood tests that show he wasnt drunk. They dont get those blood results quickly.
    takes a bit.

Either way, he is a douche and needs his ass whipped.

And no, no one should get punishment “waved off” because the system is overloaded and it sucks for them due to delays.

Like it never happened......

What has been seen can't be unseen. His arrest never phased the woke folks, but those of us with at least a few brain cells can see what has happened and will continue the Jeep boycott. Jeeps did more to lose customers by revising this commercial than they did by the content of the commercial.

Well.

I think Police arrest and charge.
    Then charges are dropped once the DA looks at it and realizes its wrong, or no way to convict.

also, if they did breathalyzer, but arrested anyways (they can based on “expert opinion” and roadside sobriety), then did blood tests that show he wasnt drunk. They dont get those blood results quickly.
    takes a bit.

Either way, he is a douche and needs his ass whipped.

And no, no one should get punishment “waved off” because the system is overloaded and it sucks for them due to delays.

Reports are that he refused the breathalyzer at the scene. In my state, that's an automatic guilty plea and a loss of your driving privilege for some time.

Brucey boy didn't have any of these things brought up in court.

Reactions: powdahound76
    Reports are that he refused the breathalyzer at the scene. In my state, that's an automatic guilty plea and a loss of your driving privilege for some time.

Once again thanks to stupid "good" people being caught up in the hysteria about "doing something" you get a better shot at justice if you just plain out and kill someone.

Can they guarantee that their equipment is clean and calibrated and virus/germ/disease free?

Also is their buddy in the car turning on the speed radar?
    (It was proven in other countries that their breathalyzers would give false positives if the police did that).

You should have a right to demand that if they want, they can take you to a decent local hospital and have your blood drawn by a proper well trained professional after getting a warrant from a judge.

And NO, some idiot police all roid raging out who has supposedly taken a class on how to stick a needle in a dummy is NOT a properly trained expert and I would consider them forcing themselves on my like that to be an evil vile assault and want biblical justice on their evil asses.
    Considering the last blood draw I had done, I went through 3 nurses before the head nurse came in and was able to get a good draw.
    (talk about feeling like a pin cushion)

The good folks need to wake up and stop destroying all the protections we have for civil liberties and protections against the unbridled power of the state to destroy your life in the name of "those bad xxxxx" so we should just "make it easier to get around legal rights".

Last edited:
    How about this crap I got this morning from Spotify?

“President Barack Obama and Bruce Springsteen have a new podcast”

I couldn’t read past that point.

Shit, my buddy is going through it all right now. The first one cost more than that and he had 30 days in jail and 60 home arrest, intensive outpatient alcohol treatment that lasted 3 months, a fine, has a "blow and go" (a breathalyzer built into his car) for 2 years and that's not all. Not long after that he got a second (he was FUCKED UP during this time, serious family problems, etc.). That one wound up with the same jail sentence, probation for five years, 2 of it supervised, a $5000 fine, loss of DL for 2 years, blow and go for another 3 after that, another 60 days house arrest.

He got 'em both back to back and then waited over a year to go to court on the first one, now has his shit together and is doing well, NOW they just hit him with the second one yesterday, which derailed all his progress, prevents him from getting a job now, has to wait to go to jail (can't even get that out of the way yet) and it's just a fucking mess. He is/was doing AA daily and really taking his recovery seriously. It's been a year. They are NOT helping, I can tell you that much 1st hand (or 2nd if you will). IMO, based on how long they waited and how well he's doing, they should have just thrown it out --unless recovery and doing better isn't the objective.

He had a job before the judge made him do all this shit...

I don't know what the penalty should be but it's apparent this is too fucking much and it's also apparent that what is good for goose is good for gander.

But this is America today, dual standards and heavy handed laws, more and more laws, stacking of laws, illegal this, banned that...
    I never thought it should be illegal to drink and drive.

I also think we should have a machine that slowly crushes people the exact same way their victims were. Slowly. On TV. And it’s the only thing that plays on TVs in liquor stores, bars, and everywhere else that serves alchohol.

And you can’t turn it off or turn down the sound.