• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Insight arms multi cal break??

athanasios23

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 28, 2009
New York, USA
Anyone used one of these breaks? I have the heathen 30 cal break and love it. Just wondering if these perform just like their original version.

I have multiple of the original and of the multi-cal and they perform exactly the same (ie really well). My go-to brake.

Thanks guys. Is the multi cal one standard diameter? I know with the original you can choose .885 or .995 outside diameter. When ordering the multi cal it doesn't give me a choice. I would like the .995 as it's going on a m24ish barrel.

I own a couple of both the new and the older/original versions.

Both are really nice. The multi-caliber feature is nice and is a bit more "future proof", if you decide to go from a .30 cal to a 6mm and don't want to buy breaks, you can just swap out the insert. Not a necessity by any means, but I do think it's a nice and clever feature.

Performance is identical from what I can tell from the new and old version, you should be happy with it.