• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

insight tech mrd, docter optic or Jpoint?

smgrendel

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Nov 1, 2008
WY
After using my benelli M4 for awhile im putting it on a diet.
Want to replace my EoTech with one of the smaller optics but never used one and not sure what one will hold up to the recoil and everyday use.

Thanks for the input.

Re: insight tech mrd, docter optic or Jpoint?

Between them, I prefer the Insight MRD the most.

You can adjust the brightness manually, and replace the battery with out taking the sight off and potentially loosing zero.

If you can't get an Insight, I think the Doctor is far nicer and easier to shoot with then the J-Point. However the J-Point is easier to zero then the Doc.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Postal0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Between them, I prefer the Insight MRD the most.

You can adjust the brightness manually, and replace the battery with out taking the sight off and potentially loosing zero.

If you can't get an Insight, I think the Doctor is far nicer and easier to shoot with then the J-Point. However the J-Point is easier to zero then the Doc. </div></div>

Awesome you just made my decision easy. You dont think the MRD will have any problem with 12GA recoil?

Thanks!

Doctors are crazy cheap right now through CDNN. Like 200ish for whats normally a 400+ optic.

That is a good deal on the docters.

Thanks.

The Doctors are $250ish, the Trijicon TRDs/JP J-Points are in the $150ish range. Good deals.

I think its because they are now considered obsolete and not selling well compared to the newer Trijicon RMRs, and the Insight MRD, etc. However I think these older models are still just fine.

One thing I forget to mention, on the RMR, and on the Insight MRD, you have actually click adjustments. The Doc and the J-Point/TRD, you just spin screws.