• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Insights Training, General Defensive Handgun

garrett

Private
Minuteman
Oct 1, 2007
Seattle, WA
Guys I just wanted to relate a recent experience at Insights Training Center in Bellevue, WA if anyone local was considering a training course. I would highly recommend Insights. They train at West Coast Armory which is a fairly new range, only a year old I believe, and these guys are top notch. I took their General Defensive Handgun class with Tracy Roberts (great guy) this last weekend and walked away feeling great about the level of comfort and familiarity I had gained with my pistol. The class is not a beginner course so I wouldnt recommend it if you are considering buying a pistol. This class is more about building your basic pistol skills to create a solid foundation that can be worked on and refined. You leave with a ton practice drills, alot of work from holster, from concealment etc. Its really designed I think for those who want who carry a handgun responsibly. There is a fair amount of lecture on legality and responsible use of deadly force and other concepts relating to concealed carry. That being said, there was a really good amount of range time too. I think I shot about 800 - 900 rounds all said and done.
We trained in Bay 3 for those of you who know the range. Its an open 25 yard (I think) bay and safety was certainly a paramount theme throughout the course. Tracy did a great job ensuring that everyone was following safe handling procedures. At no point did I feel like I needed to watch over my shoulder at the other guys on the line.
Overall it was a very well rounded class. I have gained a new respect for my pistol and its capabilities and my own capabilities. I will almost certainly be taking the next class in the series with them.
If you guys have any questions feel free to ask.