• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing installed the shilen trigger

oldolds442

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 5, 2007
macon, ga
got it from Midway. it was on sale for 89 bucks. took about 15 minutes to install. took out the trigger scale and it was set from the factory at 2lbs. quick adjustment and it is at 24 ozs. WOW...... what a difference!!!! worth every penny. had to install the original safety and bolt release, but it was no big deal at all. for all of you on the fence......GO FOR IT, and don't look back...best bang for the buck you will find. cant wait to take it out to the range and see what it will do..

Re: installed the shilen trigger

it is the standard, and it says from 1.5 to 3lbs, so i set it at 1.5. it is really sweet..just shooting from the bench mostly

Ya I just don't get consistency out of them any lower. They act weird and closing the bolt real fast seems to effect it.

They're my favorite triggers so far, but thats not saying much. Ive pretty much only used Shilens and Rmeingtons, with a couple Timneys thrown in.

i really think for the money, it feels good. i too dont have a lot of experience with different triggers, but i have shot a lot of match .22s, and i would but it right up there with my winchester 52D

My brother likes Rifle Basix. I am a Shilen man, myself. I have used them for about 20yrs and have no reason to change. Also have a few Timney's, but Shilens are my go-to triggers.