• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Installing a MagPul PRS

tman300wm

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 3, 2004
Texas
I'm going to install a MagPul PRS on my SPR rifle. However, I'm not sure what parts I need. Can I use the castle nut that's on my curent stock (MagPul CTR)? I know I need to use an A2 Buffer Tube assembly, but is that all I need? Are there any parts aside from the A2 buffer tube that are specific to this instalation?

Thanks,

Re: Installing a MagPul PRS

you will not need a castle nut with the prs, just the other buffer tube and buffer

Just put one on order at Coleman and Tyler. I got the DPMS A2 buffer, spring, and buffer tube. I also ordered an AR-15 tool.

Thanks for the help guys!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don't forget the A2 stock screw. I don't think the PRS comes with one.
</div></div>

It comes with a special screw. Someone posted here that they were having problems with there AR and they found that the A2 stock screw was a little longer than the screw that comes with the stock. The buffer was hitting the screw.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HiTechTactical</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don't forget the A2 stock screw. I don't think the PRS comes with one. </div></div>

Do NOT use an A2 stock screw with a Magpul PRS. They are too long.

The PRS comes with a specific, vented, short buttstock screw for installing it on the rifle buffer tube. Because the stocks install without the A2 spacer, they should NOT use the A2 screw which extends into the tube and can, and most likely will, cause function problems with the rifle.

ETA: Looks like SFC Carpentier jr beat me to the punch (again)!
wink.gif