• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Installing detachable magazine on my Rem 700

Logansar

Private
Minuteman
Jan 28, 2012
Fort Worth Tx
Question from the new guy!

I'm ready to install a detachable magazine on my 308cal Remington 700.

There several to choose from... Badger, H-R etc. Can I get a recommendation on one and why?

Thanks

Re: Installing detachable magazine on my Rem 700

Welcome to the Hide. You may try the search function on the bottom right part of the page under the shout box.There's an incredible amount of information available.

Lot's of good DBM's out there, Badger, Surgeon,Seekins, CDI, and a number of others.

HS precision also makes one, but my understanding is the mags are pricey. You probably want to go with a system that uses AI and Alpha mags, as they seem to be most readily available. CDI has had some group buys here on the site, and provides inletting. Good luck with your decision.

Exactly what he said ^ check them all out and pick one you like. They are all good and definitely get one with the AI/Alpha mag pattern. One other brand that comes to mind is Black Ops Precision (formerly Under Ground Skunworks) and their new design. Check the thread out, looks like a really good design with the anti rattle-easy mag change. It uses AI/Alpha

<span style="font-family: 'Arial Black'">BLACK OPS PRECISION HD MAG SYSTEM</span> <--- LINK

dzgs4h.jpg

2610v91.jpg

de8in4.jpg

<span style="font-family: 'Arial Black'">Seekins Precision's</span> new model accepts AI/Alphas also. They are supposed to be ready to ship soon.

Hard to find a good picture of the new generation Seekins DBM

Seekins_Precisio_4d940810a92c1_165x130.png

Here is a link to the site but it would be best to pm heatseekins on here to ask about his DBM

<span style="font-family: 'Arial Black'">SEEKINS NEW GEN DBM</span> <---LINK

Both are Hide vendors and active members.

You should also look into the Manners stocks mini chassis system that is built into their stocks (unless you already have a quality stock you like)

Thomas Manners is a member here also and they make great stocks. I have one with the mini chassis and it eliminates the need to have the action bedded.

Made by Badger Ordnance for Manners. It uses the AI/Alpha pattern mags

minileft.jpg

t5a-right.jpg

Its incorporated into the stock and has five points of contact to the action.

<span style="font-family: 'Arial Black'">Manners Mini Chassis thread</span><---LINK

<span style="font-family: 'Arial Black'">Manners Stocks.com</span> <---LINK

Just put a Seekins in my A-3. It's a high quality upgrade.

You could always just buy a chassis like the McCree/AICS/KRG Whiskey
3/etc... The McRee I have on order comes with a DBMS system machined into the chassis and installation only involves two bolts and 15 minutes--an easy DIY job vs the expense or hassle of inletting a synthetic stock for a DBM conversion.