• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Installing Flushcups?

bth87

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 9, 2009
Tucson, AZ
I just installed flush cups on my TRG using Brownells accuglass and now I'm worried i should have used a better compound to add strength. I was just wonder what you all think? Will they pull out having used accuglass, and is accuglass a suitable compound to use in polyurethane? Sorry if this is a dumb question, just want to know if i should redo them.

Thanks in advance,
Ben

Re: Installing Flushcups?

Im no expert on this but I know that resin based stuff does not stick to plastic. Devcon makes a plastic welder/glue. We have used it at the shop but the problem is that it is a 2 part and when it sets off it expands pretty big then contracts back in size. It seems to work good though.

I have used Devcon and JB Weld before with success, never have tried acurglass. I think it is softer from a compression standpoint and do not know if it has a tensile rating.

Thanks for the responses, I checked it this evening and they seem to have taken hold fairly decently. Im just going to go ahead and use them as is and if they end up coming out I will go ahead and try to find another solution.