• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Installing Swivel studs on A2 B&C stock

killborn

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 7, 2011
Annapolis, MD
Gentleman, I would like to install a set of swivel studs onto my Rem 700 in a the A2 B&C stock. I would appreciate information on recommended studs and how to install without screwing it up. I would like to get a Tab Gear sling for the rifle. Appreciate the help
smile.gif

Re: Installing Swivel studs on A2 B&C stock

I have the same stock and I just drilled 9/16" holes and JB welded them in. The butt is hollow so it was easy, for the fore-end I ended up drilling about 1/8" into the aluminum bedding block and used a 9/16" shell end mill bit to flush the bottom of the hole. It's lasted about a year now with no problems. I packed foam ear plugs into the flush cups to keep the epoxy out of them. I'm sure others will nay say my eforts and many more have better techniques though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slowagon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have the same stock and I just drilled 9/16" holes and JB welded them in. The butt is hollow so it was easy, for the fore-end I ended up drilling about 1/8" into the aluminum bedding block and used a 9/16" shell end mill bit to flush the bottom of the hole. It's lasted about a year now with no problems. I packed foam ear plugs into the flush cups to keep the epoxy out of them. I'm sure others will nay say my eforts and many more have better techniques though. </div></div>

Doubt it, think that's about all there is to it for flush cups, its what I did, no sense reinventing the wheel. Some thread in too, some people use a different adhesive/epoxy, I think I used a 1/2" bit. Not positive the OP is doing flushcups though.

Thanks again. Should be able to get this done. Will certainly go with the Grovtec swivels.