• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Installing the CTK Precision monopod on the AICS 1.5

100meterpeter

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 1, 2013
I did a search to see if anyone had done this and couldn't find anything. As everyone knows the 1.5 is changed a little and I figured if I have to cut up the stock to mount the Accushot, I might as well go for the CTK Precision. I had an Accushot on a previous rifle and loved it but this design looked appealing because it is inside the stock and would sit lower overall. When I recieved it I was impressed by the function. The spring loading is quick. Anyways, the 1.5 is way different than the instructions that came with it. I read on this forum that CTK is making or already has a updated version of the monopod to fit the new AI stocks. I couldnt find it so I modified the original version.

So here is a picture to kind of give you a view of what is going on. You take off the but pad and spacers then the back right and left side panels. Then I set the monopod in to see what has to be modified. P1020993 (1024x576).jpg

Next is the crappy part. Having to machine or grind on the beautifully crafted monopod. The squared off part needs to be rounded off a little farther up. The stock curves back and the square edges of the monopod hit. This was gut wrenching but easy and is covered by the stock anyways. Here it is modified. P1020995 (1024x576).jpg

After I took material off of the monopod It was easy to see what plastic to remove from the AICS. One little piece of webbing needs to go and you can basically cut a circle bigger than the knurled ring of the monopod. I used an exacto knife but alot of you are the "Charlie Daniels" of the dremel tool so that works good too.P1030005 (1024x576).jpg

When I got it done, I was happy with the results. It looks great and is out of the way. The knurled adjusters are easy to operate. It is an awesome addition to this rifle. Now I just have to wait for the sub zero temps to go away so I can try her out.P1030003 (1024x576).jpg