• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Installing Trigger on AR

SouthFork

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 28, 2006
Kalispell, MT
Sat up last night and installed a Jewell Trigger on one of my AR's. Got a great deal on it, so I went that route.

I truly feel though Jewell's Directions should be written a bit different.

Step 1: Take Jewell Installing trigger Directions and either immediately burn them or throw them away.

Step 2: Bang head against the wall while trying to find quality directions on the internet.

Seriously, installing the trigger was pretty easy. But the directions make it seem like its brain surgery. WAY to complicated and crappy pictures.

They really need an overhead diagram and side diagram and it would be easy. But no, they name a spring 3 different things in directions and give you crappy ones.

Re: Installing Trigger on AR

Funny....

At least Geissele's instructions are simple and easy to follow. First time I put one in it was a piece of cake.

Funny, but you forgot
Step 3: Bring gun to smith and let him do it

I have no patience

For some reason I am a visual person... I sometimes go to youtube and find tutorials on how to do certain tasks... such as a complete take down of certain firearms for a thorough cleaning and or installing certain parts.

I installed a Geissele SSA-E trigger into my LWRC M6A3 using a combination of the included instructions and a AR-15 armorers course DVD haha.

Hey that stuff works man, I youtubed how to completely disassemble everr part on my 92FS when I did a trigger and sear polish on it yesterday. I read the manual twice and only seeing someone else do it helped out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: E3C3H3O3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Funny, but you forgot

I have no patience </div></div>

Geez, I guess not...considering it takes all of 3-5 minutes to do it...
whistle.gif

And I can attest to that, because I installed my first trigger last night, and if I spent 5 minutes on it, I would be surprised..betting closer to 3...

I got the Wilson Combat single stage trigger on my ArmaLite AR 10 it comes with pictures in the instructions if you need them
Very simple and I love it. Wilson told me that it will work on any AR platform both 223 and 308.

One of my best days, was the day I sold my Jewell AR trigger.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Peepaw</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: E3C3H3O3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Funny, but you forgot

whistle.gif

And I can attest to that, because I installed my first trigger last night, and if I spent 5 minutes on it, I would be surprised..betting closer to 3... </div></div>

Yeah, its quick if nothing gives you any shit, but things don't always go that smooth.

I installed a new Geissele Match trigger into my Bushy lower last Friday. First trigger job on an AR ever, took me about 30 minutes to install and adjust. Works like a gem.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: E3C3H3O3</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Peepaw</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: E3C3H3O3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Funny, but you forgot

whistle.gif

And I can attest to that, because I installed my first trigger last night, and if I spent 5 minutes on it, I would be surprised..betting closer to 3... </div></div>

Yeah, its quick if nothing gives you any shit, but things don't always go that smooth. </div></div>

True brother, that I know...