• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Instant Gratification Dept.

WCW308

Private
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2008
Central Idaho
"new" 6.5 X 47 Lapua...action & barrel from Matt Lundy, stock from Sunnyside Scott, thanx. BAT action, Krieger bbl. 24", load data from Matt. No excuses left, as I have Matt's data, brass & a chance to see some targets @ 600 yds. with VERY small groups... Also thanx to those who answered my questions here on AI stocks. Kinda excited. rifle sits on dining room table...for now...

Re: Instant Gratification Dept.

That stock you have only looks very nice

prob going to swipe a NXS 8-32 from another rifle. 15.2 lbs. don't think it will kick much.

Very nice! That's a keeper

I was on the fence about that barreled action, was seriously wanting it after owning BATs in the past. I wanted to do the same thing you did. Anxious to see how it performs.

Well, I have shot it twice, with poor results. The BAT action & AI chassis are not a good fit. BAT has a 1/16" or so high band on action just behind the integral lug- so it does not "drop" into the AI chassis-it sits on 2 tiny points at the front of the action, also the lug is not a drop in fit, but close...I would bet action is flexing & POI is changing. Gotta take the AI chassis to a machinist to have the AI chassis relieved. Then I will bed lug. It seemed too easy... 1.25" groups @ 175 yds, not gonna do it... fwiw, my other Sendero bbl rem 700's drop into action like they were made for each other...

not complaining, but a heads up...scratch the instant gratification...dam.

I'm sorry to hear that its going to be more detailed than thought. Don't bother wasting ammo untill it is proberly bedded. As you already stated the action is under stress by only sitting on that small amount of material behind the lug and part of the tang. Not to mention It probably is positioned at a slight incline causeing the recoil lug to not sit flush against any surface.

Matt, you are correct in all observations--I thought I might get lucky, but no. I opened up chassis & have now bedded the lug with devcon+ lug & area just behind are bedded. So much for the quick, easy way-always comes back to bite me...

When it comes to custom rifles I simply gave up hoping for quick and easy. Let me know how you make out.