• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors integral for a 16" AR?

Mike308Bell

Private
Minuteman
Jan 31, 2011
Georgia, USA
Im considering an integral can for my 16" AR 300/221 whisper WTF ever they call it. Is this something I can get easly or is it a custom build type of can? Im new to this side of the NFW world so I have no idea where to start.

What should I be searching for if I plan to use on more then one gun? Or can I use an integral or more then one gun?

I have a 16" barrel with the port is the pistol position. Barrel and adjustable gas block were made by Paladen Machine in Kershaw SC. Mid West Ind. 12 inch SS hand guard with lots of room for an integral (I think )
198869_1315318900703_1762638707_537696_3978156_n.jpg

Re: integral for a 16" AR?

Don't do an integral.. something tell me you don't really know what it is anyway since you said you wanted to use it on different rifles.

if you want to use the suppressor on more than one gun just get a .30 cal can.
if you want it to look like an integral SBR your rifle if you can, you can also cut your barrel down and permanantly weld a suppressor on if you can't have SBRs.

yea I was thinking of having this barrel cut down since the port is on the pistol position already. I was thinking about the quick attach cans but didnt recall seeing any integral cans that were set up for a quick/flash hider disconnect.....

This is a thing I find myself doing alot lately.....typing before researching.
blush.gif
Like I said above the world of suppression is new to me.

Hey Mike, I saw your post and decided to register to put in my two cents worth. A quick note for suppressed AR's. Unless you've got a pistol caliber with a blowback type action, integral is out of the question. The gas block/tube prevent a true integral installation.

I've been down the road you're looking at. I've got a 7.62x39 suppressed upper. It's a hoot to shoot full power ammo from, but the twist rate of the barrel won't stabalize the heavier bulleted sub-sonic ammo. I'm looking at re-barreling in 300 Whisper with a faster twist rate for the sub-sonic ammo.

A threaded can might be your only option in .30 cal, without getting into some custom work. I don't know for sure. I personally own a few suppressors and will only comment on what I own and my experiences with them. At the moment, I think SRT Arms has some of the best gear out.

I have a Gem-Tech Outback II that splits time between a 10/22 and a Walter P22, Gem-Tech Halo Can for my M4 upper, Dolphin 30 cal on the aforementioned 7.62x39 upper and a SRT Arms Integrally Suppressed Camp 45 carbine (by far my favorite.) Since the camp 45 purchase, I've made the choice of contacting Doug at SRT before I look anywhere else.

As soon as I figure out how to post a pic, I'll put up some pix of my gear.

My reasons for Suppressed guns are mostly for predator control on my farm, to keep the horses from losing their minds and hitting the fences at a dead run. Cut's down on the $1000 vet bills, which leaves mo money for shootin' irons!

I hope this has helped in someway.

Cheers,
Southbreeze

I saw on "Sons of Guns" last night they put an integral on an AK. Obviously this is not a blowback action. I don't know how they did it as they showed no internal pics. The gun definitely looked cool. They had the gas system enclosed within the supressor.

Well, "sons of guns" are the exception in my limited knowledge. I've contacted several suppressor manufacturers (that I've already purchased suppressors from) and asked about integrals for AR10/15 uppers and they said "NO GO."

The can weight on the end of a barrel can make accurate free hand shooting difficult especially when you're waiting for a critter to get into the open for a clear shot. After I got my integral camp 45 from SRT, I noticed how much better the balance of the gun is with the weight closer to the action. Which is what led to my asking about integral or semi-integral AR uppers. Better balance for off hand shooting during predator control work in the tight piney woods of south MS.

Breeze

Okay, I got a handle on the pic thing now.

At the bottom of the pic is my SRT Arms Camp 45 integral. Midde iron is a M4 with a Gem-tech halo and the top gun is the 7.62x39/Dolphin.

The top gun may look integral, but it's a 7 1/2" pisol barrel with a long suppressor fitted (which by the way is crap, but it does work well enough that you don't need hearing protection to go blasting)

As for your original question, integral pretty much means "built into", so integral stays where it's built.

I hope this helps a bit.

Cheers,
Breeze

Afewirons.jpg

This is the young'n doing a little target practice with it out back
IMG_8078.jpg