• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Interacting with the homeless

918v

Range Physic
Minuteman
Jul 15, 2007
Miserable CA
I was recently made aware of people fucking with the homeless by buzzing them with drones. Since I have mixed feelings on this issue, please help me decide if this is right. Do you think this would cause them to move out of the area?

Good way to scout out hiking trails, campgrounds, and picnic sites beforehand to make sure they are not already occupied or trashed by junkies before you go there. Besides, it would be pretty badass to be that one guy among your group of friends to say: "Hold on just a minute. Let me deploy the drone and scan the area to make sure it is safe". We use them at our work for periodic flybys of our outdoor truck and equipment yards in addition to the cctv cams, and if somebody calls up to ask how many trucks, backhoes, lumber, concrete, etc is available, a few seconds of a drone scan and the people in the office instantly get a real time inventory check.

Looks like he needs a couple more hits on his meth pipe.

It won't take many changes for many people to lose everything wholesale - because of equity. Just wait and watch. I don't believe just junkies are homeless. There is a system now facilitating homelessness. These folks that want their privacy aren't the ones defecating on streets.

It won't take many changes for many people to lose everything wholesale - because of equity. Just wait and watch. I don't believe just junkies are homeless. There is a system now facilitating homelessness. These folks that want their privacy aren't the ones defecating on streets.
I dont know if it passed but at one time Seattle was talking a bill that would require a right or way on every residential property ...for the homeless to camp on.

I dont know if it passed but at one time Seattle was talking a bill that would require a right or way on every residential property ...for the homeless to camp on.
but, I bet there was some kind of exception/carve out for public officials or gated communities.

If they are in public. And if it is an area where I can fly my drone then claiming I am fucking with them by flying my drone is misconstruing the facts.

That would not be the case if they were using an actual public rest room. But if they were shitting on the sidewalk they have no expectations of privacy.

Good way to scout out hiking trails, campgrounds, and picnic sites beforehand to make sure they are not already occupied or trashed by junkies before you go there. Besides, it would be pretty badass to be that one guy among your group of friends to say: "Hold on just a minute. Let me deploy the drone and scan the area to make sure it is safe". We use them at our work for periodic flybys of our outdoor truck and equipment yards in addition to the cctv cams, and if somebody calls up to ask how many trucks, backhoes, lumber, concrete, etc is available, a few seconds of a drone scan and the people in the office instantly get a real time inventory check.

What a pain.

I ride some bike paths and that is just not practical.

Just carry and hope to hell you don't need to use it.

Not sure just what privacy homeless on public property are entitled too. Or for that matter, this could be rolled over to campers on public lands. But the vid looks like pure harassment.
All i know, I am not so sure I like the idea of not being able to shoot an intrusive drone from the sky.

If you’re the land owner, and are trying to get these people off your property, because the police refuse, no problem. If you’re just some asshole, who is just fucking with these people, because you can, fuck you.
Weather you're homeless of not you have no legal right to privacy when you're in public. Of course you do have the right to tell a photographer or his drone "fuck you.* he has the right to laugh at you and keep filming.

Weather you're homeless of not you have no legal right to privacy when you're in public. Of course you do have the right to tell a photographer or his drone "fuck you.* he has the right to laugh at you and keep filming.

clarionuk.com › resources › how-many-cctv-camerasHow many CCTV cameras are in London? - Clarion UK

Research by Clarion Security Systems estimates that there are over 942,562 CCTV Cameras in London, meaning there is 1 CCTV camera for every 10 people in the capital. You are likely to be

Reactions: diverdon
I got a bunch of the ones in my area that would hang out in front of stores or gas stations asking for money to stop. I just asked the places they were in front of for job applications and handed them to said crackhead on my exit. Every time they tore up the applications, but eventually it worked. Haven't had one ask me for money and I don't see them panhandling at the places anymore. A drone seems like more fun but handing them applications and explaining they can make their own money created some enjoyment for me.

The local PD does nothing usually. Every once in a while you will see one getting a ticket or arrested, but usually they just tell them to leave or say there is nothing they can do.

My rule with them is don't feed the bears.

Begging for money is covered under the first amendment.
Legally, the police can't do anything about it, unless the bums are aggressively panhandling. Some cities still have ordinances still on the books, and they usually aren't challenged.
The vast majority of homeless are homeless by choice.
They want to spend their money on dope and nothing else.
They won't stay in places provided for them because of stupid rules like "no drugs".

I was recently made aware of people fucking with the homeless by buzzing them with drones. Since I have mixed feelings on this issue, please help me decide if this is right. Do you think this would cause them to move out of the area?

Two gentlemen from Bumfucked Somalia gracing my small burg in Arkansas…welcome home !! 😡
28 degree F out.
IMG_1523.jpeg

Begging for money is covered under the first amendment.
Legally, the police can't do anything about it, unless the bums are aggressively panhandling. Some cities still have ordinances still on the books, and they usually aren't challenged.
The vast majority of homeless are homeless by choice.
They want to spend their money on dope and nothing else.
They won't stay in places provided for them because of stupid rules like "no drugs".

That is such a negative view. There has got to be something that can be done to help these people become successful.

I got a bunch of the ones in my area that would hang out in front of stores or gas stations asking for money to stop. I just asked the places they were in front of for job applications and handed them to said crackhead on my exit. Every time they tore up the applications, but eventually it worked. Haven't had one ask me for money and I don't see them panhandling at the places anymore. A drone seems like more fun but handing them applications and explaining they can make their own money created some enjoyment for me.

The local PD does nothing usually. Every once in a while you will see one getting a ticket or arrested, but usually they just tell them to leave or say there is nothing they can do.

My rule with them is don't feed the bears.
I usually just say "I dont feed parasites." and keep walking.

I don't feel for the homeless, how can you have nothing but still have drugs? I've lost my job, but didn't turn to drugs, I did what ever it took to work and get back on my feet. Quitting and being a quitter is not an option. Everything I have today was accomplished by hard work . I'm 65 and still put 10-12 hour days even weekends. When I turned 18 my dad ask me if I knew what day it was? I said my birthday? He said i was half right, it was the first day for the rest of my life that I and only I am responsible for my self, good or bad. Then he put his foot in my ass and turned me loose.
Like he learned: Sink or swim!

That is such a negative view. There has got to be something that can be done to help these people become successful.
Part of our heritage is freedom of choice. As homie said, most of them choose that life. Not all but most. They learn ho to use the system. It's a profession. They have assigned spots to beg.

Theres a woman in the town I used to live in, begs in the same place every day. She has an apartment paid for, free phone, free food stamps and welfare check, courtesy of the state/city.

Please

Then there's the gypsy who hung out in front of the grocery, with his kids, begging, in sub zero weather. His woman dropped them off every morning in a nicer car than I had. I dont give a damn what he does but he's teaching his kids a profession, and keeping them out of school, in the freezing snow. I turned his ass into the CPS and that stopped...or at least moved locations.

I could go on with those stories. They're parasites.

It’s been argued, successfully, that whatever abode the homeless make into their “home” grants them the right to privacy there. I think the one in question was a spot in some bushes in a public park. The entire situation is troublesome.

It’s been argued, successfully, that whatever abode the homeless make into their “home” grants them the right to privacy there. I think the one in question was a spot in some bushes in a public park. The entire situation is troublesome.
Looks more like an undeveloped piece of real estate than a park. I'm sure all the local homeowners who work everyday to pay their mortgage's are thrille to have that blight lowering their property values.

If you’re the land owner, and are trying to get these people off your property, because the police refuse, no problem. If you’re just some asshole, who is just fucking with these people, because you can, fuck you.
Fuck those drug addict insane street shitting Dregs

They need back into the insane Asylums

Reactions: Milf Dots
Every time I see a group of homeless people camped out under a overpass or some other public area , I always think to myself, how many bridges did they burn before they got to this point, parents. Grand parents. Brothers ,sisters , uncles aunts , cousins, how many people did they burn before they were out on the streets, I know that if I was down on my luck I could count on at least 5 or 6 people to take me in if I needed a place to stay , so I figger those homeless bums probably stole , fucked and screwed over lots of folks before they ended up on the streets , fuck'um and feed'em fish heads.

Shoulda winged sone full beers at them
Having been ACCUSED of winging a half full beer at them( what a waste) I find your remark offensive to those who appreciate palatable liquids.

Having said that. While walking one of our properties I came across a homeless encampment. Having camped many places in America from outside McDonald's to the Alaska range I was appalled at the amount of trash present. So I immediately burnt that mother fucker down. Clothes on the line, tarp fortresses, and all. When fire and police arrived I informed them all was well, I was having a warming fire. And it warms my heart right now.

Little Rock/Pine Bluff refugees? I was shocked at some of the WTF parts of that area when I drove through back in 2000 so it's probably gotten even better since then lol.
Nah …we’ve been hit with an influx of mostly Hispanics , but we also have quite a few men from other mid East countries. Mostly walk around with packs and water bottles , some even pulling around Radio Flyer wagons with their belonging. Most won’t make eye contact with you , look like deers looking at headlights. 👎

If there was some package of sensors configurable to drones that could be used on my property I'd consider buying it. Think of a game cam linked to a drone. Sensor hit, drone deploys, I see the real time video.

I bet ifor many there are. BUt that wouldn't facilittate the gifting.

I wonder what would happen if thousands of homeless started to camp out on area 51 lands 🤔

• Haha
I don’t have much sympathy for these people. It will all only get worse. What does America really mean anymore? Did it ever really mean anything? Hasn’t it always been every man for himself…. Iran/China/Russia. None of then have to ever invade here. We will fall from within.

Reactions: HeavyAssault
Was thinking closer to letting my Tacoma bumper ease them on their way 🥴
I live in a dry county , didn’t want to waste any beer.
Is 'Dry County' still a thing? Just slip down into Nueces Co.

Communities need to do whatever they can to create non-permissive environments to discourage the homeless from settling down in them. Replace lawns with gravel, and cactus, etc. Aggressive penalties for people giving money to pan handlers. Public benches with dividers on them to deter pedos and remove shitbird's sleeping arrangements. Urinate/defecate on their tents/sleeping areas when they're out panhandling or buying drugs/stealing. Lots of " welfare" checks from fire/police, aggressive enforcement of zoning. Eliminate support elements like low-barrier shelters. Have a long, cold winter. And yeah, fuck with them with UAS. "Move the fuck on, shitbird," is reason enough.

An even more aggressive version of non-permissive environments:

Another similar angle could involve politicians and other elites who on one hand demand the social justice while simultaneously living in gated communities or scream NIMBY.

I'm used to dealing with them in the city when I go to/from work, and it was annoying enough. But now they have made their way out to our affluent suburbs and are sleeping under the trees at the train station, and hanging out with their children on the highway off-ramps.

I see them at the train station every morning, sitting under the trees rolling up joints watching gainful society go to work. I'm sure my vehicle and possessions are very safe 🙄 and of course the parking lot operator is "not liable for" thefts, vandalism, etc. Can't run off the homeless, but let you not pay the $2 parking and you have a $25 ticket.

Downtown has gotten even worse than it's been, dudes standing right there in downtown nodded out, sleeping standing up. Women with their children begging for change, selling chocolate in some foreign language. They build cardboard and tent or sleeping bag encampment in the door ways and under awnings and eves of buildings, shooting up right there on the street.

I'm saving my pennies up good, with some niceties here and there, so I can GTFO as soon as possible and live off in quiet, polite ruralness some place.

I am guessing that you missed the point in the saying.... You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink or why buy the cow if you are getting the milk for free?
If they don't want to help themselves you can't make them.
But I guess there's too many bleeding heart liberals that continue to believe that they can.

I am guessing that you missed the point in the saying.... You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink or why buy the cow if you are getting the milk for free?
But I guess there's too many bleeding heart liberals that continue to believe that they can.
I'm all for helping those that 'want help and will appreciate it and improve themselves'. Most of these do not fall into that category.

Theyre smarter than you or I. Really. How much do you pay for health insurance? They go to the state university hospitals and get it for free. If they apply they get free phone, free food, etc. The caveat is there is no free lunch. Our taxes pay for it.

Yep 😡
Have to drive 17 miles W to buy beer or wine….17 miles E to buy the strong stuff.
MILLIONS have been lost in taxes , gallons of gas wasted…. Churches Bootleggers and corrupt politicians and country officials win 🥴
Fixed to reflect the actual history of dry counties…

You guess incorrectly