• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Interactive Computer Based Training Program

zenbiker

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 15, 2009
Charlottesville, Virginia
Looking for the best computer based training program to practice ranging, holding for wind, environmnet. I have Long Range Shooting Sim 3.0, but it's very buggy on my computer (Windows 7 Pro) and doesn't yield accurate results despite proper solutions. What's the best? I need something to take me beyond 2K yards.

Re: Interactive Computer Based Training Program

I don't know of anything other than the Shooter Ready simulator for long range computer sims.

I'm pretty sure what he's talking about IS Shooter Ready. It says on the web page "The Long Range Shooting Simulation". I haven't tried version 3.0 (still have my v1.x?), and I'm still on Windows Vista anyhow.

Is anyone else finding 3.0 "buggy" with Win 7?

i have shooter ready 3.0 on win 7, no issues here, but i have found it to be slightly inaccurate in relation to ranging targets, eg being 1 crosshair width out on some ranges cliber cross hair combos but other wise ok.

in relation to being "buggy" what exactly do you mean, crashes ect ?
i have copied the files folder and the lrsswin file of the off of the cd and put them in a folder on the computer its self (so i dont need the cd to run the program) and then i right click and "run as administrator" and ive had no issues with stability ect

I have the new shooter ready full version. Gives me something to do around here at night. Am running it on windows 7 just fine.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Redmanss</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm pretty sure what he's talking about IS Shooter Ready. It says on the web page "The Long Range Shooting Simulation". I haven't tried version 3.0 (still have my v1.x?), and I'm still on Windows Vista anyhow.

Is anyone else finding 3.0 "buggy" with Win 7? </div></div>

Been away for a awhile, dealing with three crushed discs in my neck. Unless I get them fixed I'm afraid to pull the trigger on anything big. At any rate, thanks for the responses; I have Shooter Ready and yes, I find it frustratingly 'buggy' running Windows 7; Inaccurate ranging and holdovers. If that's the best available, I'll just deal with it. Thanks again to everyone.

I had problems with incorrect solutions as well (such as needing to be accurate to the .01 mil) and the author advised that you really need to make sure it is running in full screen mode to get the correct solutions. That helped me considerably.

As a side note, could someone possibly send me the lrsswin.exe file from the version 3.0 disk? I'm not asking for any of the other .swf files so it's not like I'm trying to get a free copy. I lost my CD and have the program installed in OS X but have a need to run it in Windows.