• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Interarms Mark X

madmikes262

Private
Minuteman
Nov 1, 2013
SW Arizona
Took my Interarms Mini-Mauser in 223 out of the back of the safe and shot it yesterday just to see where it was shooting.The scope is a fixed 4Power Leupold.The ammo was nothing special 55gr Military ball and Winchester 556.About a 1 1/2 inch group at 100 yards.I have never tried any other ammo in this gun other than 55gr.Wondering if it would do better with a heavier grain bullet.

Took my Interarms Mini-Mauser in 223 out of the back of the safe and shot it yesterday just to see where it was shooting.The scope is a fixed 4Power Leupold.The ammo was nothing special 55gr Military ball and Winchester 556.About a 1 1/2 inch group at 100 yards.I have never tried any other ammo in this gun other than 55gr.Wondering if it would do better with a heavier grain bullet.
IIRC, those are 1-12" twist. You might get a lot better results from Blackhills reman 52 gr. SMK

http://www.black-hills.com/product-category/factory-reman-ammo/

and Midway has it:
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1...mington-52-grain-match-hollow-point-box-of-50

Here is an interesting one to try if you want. It's Norma .223 at Graf's:
https://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/product/productId/72830

I have to say, I'm going by memory on those. My .222 (mini-Mauser) was a 1-14" and it liked the 40-52 gr. better. It did stabilize the 55's. They shot about what yours did. A lot of the 55's you see around are old bullets though. They don't have the better tolerances as the new bullets have.

Last edited:

It's typical that 55gr FMJ's don't shoot well. Originally I think it was designed for 2.5" at 100Y out of an AR . I have some bulk 55's that I only use for 3gun on close paper, they group poorly at 100Y and have had similar results with factory 55 fmj ammo.

On the other hand most varmint bullets shoot surprisingly well. I'd try to stay in the 50-55 grain territory, either vmax or hp.

It's typical that 55gr FMJ's don't shoot well. Originally I think it was designed for 2.5" at 100Y out of an AR . I have some bulk 55's that I only use for 3gun on close paper, they group poorly at 100Y and have had similar results with factory 55 fmj ammo.

On the other hand most varmint bullets shoot surprisingly well. I'd try to stay in the 50-55 grain territory, either vmax or hp.
True! 55 FMJ's are the most produced mass produced bullet. They don't take the time with them like less produced accuracy bullets.

When you get some good accuracy bullets as suggested, let us know how they went.

Added: The reason I added the Norma is because they really are match grade. I've shot them and they are good, but not from my mini-Mauser. I can reload match ammo a LOT less expensive than I can buy it. So, I don't buy much .223 ever.

Last edited: