• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Interest in training with a recent member of DEVGRU - DFW, TX?

Fongman

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 13, 2002
DFW Texas
Not a long range class, but thought there still might be some interest.

I have a really good friend that a couple of months ago retired from DEVGRU. His name is Trey Lindsey. He spent 20+ years in the Navy. Eighteen years on the SEAL Teams, 13 of those in DEVGRU (formerly known as SEAL Team Six). I've been in 6 classes with Trey and have really enjoyed them. He is a very good teacher, patient and comprehensive. He does a fabulous job of laying building blocks to improve a shooter's skills.

He's going to hold several classes at my private range (which is 1 - 1.5 hrs south of DFW in the Glen Rose area). Day time carbine/pistol classes and hopefully some more NV classes will be held this year. We recently held a couple of the NV classes that several local shooters attended. I’ve taken several other NV classes with nationally known teachers, and the things Trey has taught me I had not heard or even thought of before spending time in his classes. He’s been living under NODs for many years now conducting some of the nation’s highest direct action assaults and his knowledge and skill really shows. But as great as that is, watching him with students that are having a great deal of problems and then seeing him getting them squared away and improving in a short order has been very revealing.

We are holding a day time Carbine/Pistol course Saturday 2/25/23 below is a flyer with more info:

2.25 class 1.jpeg

2.25 class 2.jpeg

If you are interested in the upcoming class, or want to check on the possibility of training in a different part of the country, contact Trey at: [email protected]

If you cannot attend, but may be interested in future classes in the DFW area send me an IM or email. I'm keeping a list of members who have expressed an interest and will inform on upcoming classes.

Just as an FYI, here is a NV course description we used to run a couple of classes at my place in December and January:

8 Hour NVG Advanced Operator’s Course

Description- This 8-hour course will focus heavily on the necessary advanced individual operator skillsets to successfully engage targets in low light, no light, and mixed light utilizing Night Vision Goggle (NVGs) and Infrared (IR) laser illuminators. Participants will be exposed to various types of shooting scenarios to ensure they have an in-depth knowledge and comfort level on how to engage targets through the use of their night vision equipment. This class will ensure the operator is comfortable operating their weapons systems in a variety of shooting scenarios. In addition to participants engaging single to multiple targets from a static position, participants will be exposed to dynamic fire and maneuver tactics to ensure they are ready for any type of defensive or tactical situation they find themselves in. Dynamic fire and maneuver training objectives will include 2-4 Man small unit tactics covering offensive and defensive small team movements. This is considered an advanced level of NVG shooting course of instruction. Participants are expected to have a solid level of skillsets and are comfortable shooting under NVGs before they attend this course of instruction.

Training objectives covered-

Equipment set up to include primary/secondary with NVG tactical gear
Hasty IR and Visible Laser site in tactics
Safety protocols when utilizing NVG equipment while shooting
Static live fire CQB shooting techniques and skillsets (Low Light Laser)
Static live fire CQB shooting techniques and skillsets (No Light Laser)
Static live fire CQB shooting techniques and skillsets (Mixed Light Laser)
Transitioning from IR to white light shooting scenarios
Reloads under NVGs
Malfunctions under NVGs
Single to multiple engagements using NVGs
Live fire shooting around barricades with NVG Equipment
Dynamic fire and maneuver utilizing NVG Equipment
Small Team (2-4 Man) tactics utilizing NVGs

Gear List-

Tactical Vest and Helmet with helmet mounted NVGs (Gen 2 or better)
Tactical Belt with holster and appropriate pouches
Primary weapon system with Vis/IR laser system with min of 4x magazines
Primary weapon system sling
Secondary weapon system with Red Dot and White Light with min of 3x magazines
Tactical clothing/Rain Jacket and footwear for live fire range (And Weather Appropriate)
Eye and Ear protection
500 rounds primary weapon system
250 rounds secondary weapon system
Spare batteries for each optic
Handheld light
Tactical Gloves
First Aid Kit
Range Chair (Optional)
Snacks/Water/Food (Students will be given approx. 30-45 min dinner break)

Instructor Bio-

Trey Lindsey is the founder and CEO of Gallowglass Guardian Group; a tactical, security, and defense consulting company based out of Dallas, Texas. Currently winding down his military service, Trey served in the United States Navy for over 20 years, 18 of which were spent as a Navy SEAL including 13 years as a member of the Navy’s Tier 1 Special Mission Unit. He also served as a Naval Security Forces Police Officer with a specialty in physical security and anti-terrorism. Leveraging his extensive military experience, he has dedicated his post-military career through his company Gallowglass Guardian Group, to enhancing training proficiencies for law enforcement, military and civilians through security and defense consulting, tactical training courses, leadership and team building as well as communications and public speaking. Trey is also the incoming Assistant Chief of Police and Deputy Director of Public Safety for Newman International Academy with campuses based out of Tarrant and Dallas counties in Texas.

So if you know anyone who could use a really good basic to intermediate carbine/pistol class please spread the word. I want to keep Trey here as often as possible and his classes full.

Having someone who is as gifted as Trey in the area is to me quite an honor. I’m trying my best to support his efforts. He’s become a good friend of mine, someone who I really appreciate. So if by trying to help him I can help you as well that would be great.

Full disclosure, I do NOT make any money on these classes. I'm just trying what little I can to help a really good man. It is the least I can do to thank Trey for all he has sacrificed on behalf of our country. And sacrifice he has, trust me. So please consider spreading the word.

Thanks.

Sounds like it would be a BLAST!

I’d love to participate. Can I be class Jester? I’m frickin’ Tier-1 at taking nothing seriously, aside from supersonic projectiles. I’m kinda serious about those.

Reactions: Fongman
Sounds like it would be a BLAST!

I’d love to participate. Can I be class Jester? I’m frickin’ Tier-1 at taking nothing seriously, aside from supersonic projectiles. I’m kinda serious about those.

You're always welcome - especially if you'll bring some of your toys. :love:

• Love
Reactions: TheHorta
Definitely interested and put me on the list for a NV class

I'll add your screen name to my list. But if willing please send me an IM with a contact email. It's just easier to send out a blast email with scheduling updates. Thank you!