• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Interesting Occurance / Mother Nature

x ring accuracy

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 28, 2008
Parrish, Fl.
www.xringaccuracy.com
Not sure how to put the heading, but you will get the idea. I use crushed walnut for my media in my tumbler. Well, last night, after tumbling some brass, I was cleaning them out with compressed air. One case felt heavy as I sifted it out and procedded to shoot some air to it. Looking thru the flash hole it was dark. I shot it again, from the head, not the flash hole. No luck, still heavy and no light thru it. I shot it again with air from the flash hole and out popped a "worm". I will call it a worm, or a bug larvae of some sort. Not bitching or complaining, just an amazement that mother nature had hidden some sort of critter in the walnut shell and it survived the crushing, baking, or whatever else they do it them before packaging. Anyone else ever seen this? I always keep the lid on my tumbler snugged down when not in use so nothing took up residence there. Just interesting.

Re: Interesting Occurance / Mother Nature

I bet that worm thought he was at 6 flags when that tumbler was going...